Leighton Meester to Quit 'Gossip Girl' in Two Years
Fans of "Gossip Girl" may have to start picturing the show without Blair Waldorf. Leighton Meester who has slipped into the character for four seasons is ready to say goodbye to the drama series once her contract expires.
"Two more years," she told E! Online at the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills, while promoting her new movie, "Country Strong". This does not mean that the show is going to end for each cast is bound by contract. Meester emphasized that she "obviously enjoys working on the show and living in New York".
In her movie bucket, there's "Monte Carlo" which was shot earlier this year and would be released July 1, 2011, as well as "The Oranges" and "The Roommate". Acting in fact is not Meester's only area of expertise. She has a debut album called "Love Is a Drug" to be released next year under Universal Republic. Meester displays her skill in singing in "Country Strong" where she becomes a new country star following the footstep of Gwyneth Paltrow's character.
Meester said the producers of "Gossip Girl" and The CW have been very understanding of the actors' need to expand their career beyond the series. "It allows you to be ready for when the show's over," she said. But when asked whether the show would end if she exits, Meester said, "I don't know, but I think there's that old saying about wanting to go out on top."
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media