Reps Confirm Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter's Split
"Dexter" co-stars Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter are filing for divorce and the timing couldn't be more coincidental. The announcement came after "Dexter" drew a large mass due to the finale and after Carpenter was spotted without Hall at fifth season wrap up party.
Hall and Carpenter, who play brother and sister on the Showtime series, were married on December 31, 2008. During the two years of marriage, Hall was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma and Carpenter famously stood by him through the battle. Hall was previously married to Broadway actress Amy Spangler from 2002 to 2006.
In a joint statement released on EW, their reps said, "Having been separated for some time, Jennifer Carpenter and Michael C. Hall have filed for divorce." They added that the split was amicable but stated no reason.
Access Hollywood dug into the story deeper and found out that the couple haven't been getting along on set all season and people were in the know that an official announcement would be made sooner or later. Carpenter, according to a source, even talked about their problems on set, and made the cast and crew worried about the sixth season.
Showtime has officially ordered for a sixth season before "Dexter" posted a season high of 2.9 million viewers on Sunday, December 12.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart