Watch the First 20 Minutes of Showtime's 'Shameless'
Showtime made use of "Dexter" season 5 finale on Sunday, December 12 to promote its new comedy, "Shameless". The cable generously gave the first 20 minutes of the adaptation of British TV show with the same title.
The pilot is none other than the introduction to the characters, mainly the people who live under the same crooked roof and call themselves the Gallaghers. William H. Macy plays a far-from-stellar working-class patriarch of an unconventional Chicago brood of six while Emmy Rossum is the eldest daughter keeping things together.
Rossum's younger siblings are played by Jeremy Allen White, Cameron Monaghan, Emma Kenney, Ethan Cutkosky and twins Blake Alexander and Brennan Kane Johnson who play baby Liam. There are four other major characters played by Joan Cusack, Justin Chatwin, Shanola Hampton and Steve Howey.
Rossum said that the show's creator, Paul Abbott who also creates the original version, banned the cast from watching the British one for fear of imitation. "There's a lot of pressure to live up to and also do something different than the British series because it is so great and has such a loyal fanbase that we're not trying to copy - we're just trying to do our own version of it. I think the stories will be somewhat similar - similar-ish," Rossum said.
The comedy begins airing January 9 at 10/9c. The following sneak peek may be unsuitable for those below 17.
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer
- Report: Lee Jong Suk to Enlist to Military Soon
- Birthday Girl Julianne Hough Ditches Bikini Top During Romantic Honeymoon
- Comic-Con: Pennywise the Clown Mutilates His Victims in 'It' New Trailer and Clips