Watch the First 20 Minutes of Showtime's 'Shameless'
Showtime made use of "Dexter" season 5 finale on Sunday, December 12 to promote its new comedy, "Shameless". The cable generously gave the first 20 minutes of the adaptation of British TV show with the same title.
The pilot is none other than the introduction to the characters, mainly the people who live under the same crooked roof and call themselves the Gallaghers. William H. Macy plays a far-from-stellar working-class patriarch of an unconventional Chicago brood of six while Emmy Rossum is the eldest daughter keeping things together.
Rossum's younger siblings are played by Jeremy Allen White, Cameron Monaghan, Emma Kenney, Ethan Cutkosky and twins Blake Alexander and Brennan Kane Johnson who play baby Liam. There are four other major characters played by Joan Cusack, Justin Chatwin, Shanola Hampton and Steve Howey.
Rossum said that the show's creator, Paul Abbott who also creates the original version, banned the cast from watching the British one for fear of imitation. "There's a lot of pressure to live up to and also do something different than the British series because it is so great and has such a loyal fanbase that we're not trying to copy - we're just trying to do our own version of it. I think the stories will be somewhat similar - similar-ish," Rossum said.
The comedy begins airing January 9 at 10/9c. The following sneak peek may be unsuitable for those below 17.
- Fragile Yoko Ono Is Hoping to See John Lennon in Heaven
- Beyhive Is on the Hunt for Beyonce's Secret Snapchat Account
- Lionel Richie Puts 'All the Hits Tour' on Hold Due to Knee Surgery
- Did Justin Bieber Just Hint That He's Dating Someone on Twitter?
- Perrie Edwards Sparks Pregnancy Speculation With Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?