Watch the First 20 Minutes of Showtime's 'Shameless'
Showtime made use of "Dexter" season 5 finale on Sunday, December 12 to promote its new comedy, "Shameless". The cable generously gave the first 20 minutes of the adaptation of British TV show with the same title.
The pilot is none other than the introduction to the characters, mainly the people who live under the same crooked roof and call themselves the Gallaghers. William H. Macy plays a far-from-stellar working-class patriarch of an unconventional Chicago brood of six while Emmy Rossum is the eldest daughter keeping things together.
Rossum's younger siblings are played by Jeremy Allen White, Cameron Monaghan, Emma Kenney, Ethan Cutkosky and twins Blake Alexander and Brennan Kane Johnson who play baby Liam. There are four other major characters played by Joan Cusack, Justin Chatwin, Shanola Hampton and Steve Howey.
Rossum said that the show's creator, Paul Abbott who also creates the original version, banned the cast from watching the British one for fear of imitation. "There's a lot of pressure to live up to and also do something different than the British series because it is so great and has such a loyal fanbase that we're not trying to copy - we're just trying to do our own version of it. I think the stories will be somewhat similar - similar-ish," Rossum said.
The comedy begins airing January 9 at 10/9c. The following sneak peek may be unsuitable for those below 17.
- Mariah Carey Sizzles in Racy Latex Outfit While Reuniting With Nick Cannon for Halloween Party
- 'The Walking Dead' Reveals Negan's Victim(s) With Brutal Twist
- 'Boo! A Madea Halloween' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Rules Overseas
- Drake Announces 'More Life' Project, Previews 4 New Songs
- Ryan Gosling Could've Starred on 'Gilmore Girls'
- Are They Dating? John Mayer Spotted Getting Close to Demi Lovato While Hanging Out in LA
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester