Anne Hathaway, James McAvoy Could Be 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' Couple
Latest report on "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" casting has put the names of Anne Hathaway and James McAvoy on the line-up. According to Pajiba, both stars are up for lead roles with the actress touted as the depicter of Elizabeth Bennett and the actor circling the role of Fitzwilliam Darcy.
Nothing has been set in stone for Hathaway and McAvoy's participation as they are currently still 'under consideration'. Previously, Scarlett Johansson was thrown as the potential female lead after Natalie Portman dropped out of the project. Bradley Cooper was also said to be the leading actor.
Still on the same article, Pajiba addresses report saying that Hathaway could star in "Barbarella". While she is indeed interested in the remake film, the project has been stuck in development for years and her involvement could not make sure that it will move forward.
"Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" is a big screen adaptation of bestselling book written by Seth Grahame-Smith and Jane Austen. It is set in an era when zombies roam the English countryside. The film will see Elizabeth Bennett as a feisty heroine who is distracted from her quest to eradicate the zombie menace by the arrival of the arrogant Mr. Darcy.
Anne Hathaway, who has been appointed to host 2011 Oscars with James Franco, has her latest film "Love and Other Drugs" gracing theaters. James McAvoy, meanwhile, has been shooting big action movie "X-Men: First Class".
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'