Anne Hathaway, James McAvoy Could Be 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' Couple
Latest report on "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" casting has put the names of Anne Hathaway and James McAvoy on the line-up. According to Pajiba, both stars are up for lead roles with the actress touted as the depicter of Elizabeth Bennett and the actor circling the role of Fitzwilliam Darcy.
Nothing has been set in stone for Hathaway and McAvoy's participation as they are currently still 'under consideration'. Previously, Scarlett Johansson was thrown as the potential female lead after Natalie Portman dropped out of the project. Bradley Cooper was also said to be the leading actor.
Still on the same article, Pajiba addresses report saying that Hathaway could star in "Barbarella". While she is indeed interested in the remake film, the project has been stuck in development for years and her involvement could not make sure that it will move forward.
"Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" is a big screen adaptation of bestselling book written by Seth Grahame-Smith and Jane Austen. It is set in an era when zombies roam the English countryside. The film will see Elizabeth Bennett as a feisty heroine who is distracted from her quest to eradicate the zombie menace by the arrival of the arrogant Mr. Darcy.
Anne Hathaway, who has been appointed to host 2011 Oscars with James Franco, has her latest film "Love and Other Drugs" gracing theaters. James McAvoy, meanwhile, has been shooting big action movie "X-Men: First Class".
- Azealia Banks Unveils 'So Ghetto' Freestyle, RZA Sides With Russell Crowe After Record Deal Canceled
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!