Anne Hathaway, James McAvoy Could Be 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' Couple
Latest report on "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" casting has put the names of Anne Hathaway and James McAvoy on the line-up. According to Pajiba, both stars are up for lead roles with the actress touted as the depicter of Elizabeth Bennett and the actor circling the role of Fitzwilliam Darcy.
Nothing has been set in stone for Hathaway and McAvoy's participation as they are currently still 'under consideration'. Previously, Scarlett Johansson was thrown as the potential female lead after Natalie Portman dropped out of the project. Bradley Cooper was also said to be the leading actor.
Still on the same article, Pajiba addresses report saying that Hathaway could star in "Barbarella". While she is indeed interested in the remake film, the project has been stuck in development for years and her involvement could not make sure that it will move forward.
"Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" is a big screen adaptation of bestselling book written by Seth Grahame-Smith and Jane Austen. It is set in an era when zombies roam the English countryside. The film will see Elizabeth Bennett as a feisty heroine who is distracted from her quest to eradicate the zombie menace by the arrival of the arrogant Mr. Darcy.
Anne Hathaway, who has been appointed to host 2011 Oscars with James Franco, has her latest film "Love and Other Drugs" gracing theaters. James McAvoy, meanwhile, has been shooting big action movie "X-Men: First Class".
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival