First Official Picture of 'Fast Five' Unveiled
USA Today has got its hand on the first official image of "Fast Five". Exposed on the shot are original actor in the film series Vin Diesel and new cast member Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. The bald and the boisterous are going head to head in the photo as the former wrestler portrays a cop on the trail of street racers portrayed by Vin, Paul Walker and Tyrese Gibson.
"One of the things I've always loved about the franchise - the reason I think it's been so successful over the years - is that they never stop trying to up the action," Dwayne praises the film. Meanwhile, Justin Lin, who has been directing the series since 2006 "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift", has different opinion on the franchise's strength, "I think what keeps it going is that it's not really about cars. I have to be honest: I'm not a big car guy. At the core, 'Fast and Furious' is about family and how to create them."
Still, Justin admits, "If you're going to do a 'Fast and Furious' movie, you've got to go bigger each time." He additionally gushes about Dwayne's involvement, saying "People thought it would be impossible to get Dwayne. But he didn't show up looking to cash a paycheck. That's pretty amazing, for a star like him to join the fifth part of a franchise. That says a lot about him and the fans."
This follow-up to "Fast and Furious" has a script written by Chris Morgan. Starring also Ludacris, "Fast Five" is filmed in Brazil, Puerto Rico and several locations in the U.S.
The upcoming action adventure movie is due April 29, 2011 Stateside after moved up from the old June 10, 2011 slot. The first trailer for "Fast Five" is scheduled to premiere on Tuesday, December 14 on Vin Diesel's official Facebook page.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris