'Amazing Race' Season 17 Winner and Season 18 Contestants Revealed
After 16 seasons, "The Amazing Race" finally has a two-woman team winner. Doctors Nat and Kat crossed the finish line first to win the race on Sunday, December 12 broadcast, thus making a history as the first woman-woman team to ever win the U.S. version.
The odds actually were tipping to this possibility for the final consisted of another woman-woman team. Home Shopping hosts Brook and Claire came second in the race, followed by dating couple Jill and Thomas.
During the final hours of their 32,000 miles journey, the three teams went back from South Korea to Los Angeles, California where they had to do a bungee jump off a giant crane in Port of Long Beach, decorate a float for the Tournament of Roses parade and play a trivia contest with Bob Eubanks.
After four continents and 30 cities, the race ended in Beverly Hills' Greystone Mansion. Nat gave a phone interview to AP, saying "It still feels unreal. Having to keep it a secret until just a half-hour ago made it difficult for it to feel real. I could only share stories with Nat. We'd say to each other, 'Do you believe what we did?!' " She also said that the competition was tougher than what they thought in terms of its physical demand.
The next season of "The Amazing Race" would feature all-star teams who have competed in the previous seasons. Some of the teams have been revealed during the season 17 finale. They are reality show couple "Boston Rob" Mariano and Amber Brkich; Brook and Claire from season 17; cowboy brothers Jet and Cord from season 16; season 15's father/son duo Gary and Matt Tomljenovich; and goth team Kynt and Vixsin.
Called "Unfinished Business", the 18th season debuts February 20.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics