Artist of the Week: Cee-Lo
Six years after taking a break from his solo career to focus on the Gnarls Barkley projects, Cee-Lo Green made a fearless return with foul-mouthed track "F**k You". Released via lyrics video, the expletive-laden song caused viral commotion. In the first five days online, it drew more than 2 million plays and quickly became the #1 most viewed video in the United Kingdom.
The success of his comeback continued as he released his third solo effort "The Lady Killer" in November. Crediting Salaam Remi, Jack Splash and Fraser T. Smith on its production, the album which featured the blockbuster single debuted at No. 9 on Billboard Hot 200 and entered R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart at the runner-up position.
By the end of the year, Cee-Lo is nominated for four Grammy Awards. "F**k You" which was edited to "Forget You" for radio airplays lands him three Grammy nominations at the 53rd annual awards show. They are Record of the Year, Song of the Year and Best Urban/Alternative Performance. Also, its music video is vying for Best Short Form Music Video.
On top of that, the F-bomb-dropping single climbed to No. 9 on Hot 100 and is listed among MTV's Top 25 Songs of the Year. Co-written by breakthrough star Bruno Mars and produced by certified trio The Smeezingtons, it is ranked the fifth on the year-end list which is led by Usher's "OMG".
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked