Joel Madden and Nicole Richie Wed, the Details
The rumors are true, Nicole Richie and Joel Madden tied the knot after four years of dating and two children in between those years. The wedding took place Saturday, December 11 at Lionel Richie's house in Los Angeles, picking "an Old Hollywood glamorous feel" as the theme.
A string of celebrities who were reported to attend the weekend nuptials are Gwen Stefani, Samantha Ronson, Ashlee Simpson, Khloe Kardashian, Kris Jenner, Nicole's godfather Quincy Jones and Joel's twin brother Benji Madden. Rev. Run reportedly proceeded over the wedding ceremony. But the biggest guest, literally, was a trained elephant which was led to the wedding site for attraction.
The bride wore a custom-made wedding dress by Marchesa which reportedly cost $20,000, and had her hair done by Byron Williams of Byron & Tracey. The couple exchanged rings by Neil Lane, the same jeweler who crafted Nicole's 4-carat engagement ring. Their two-year-old daughter Harlow became the flower girl. Masha Gordon, a good friend of Nicole acted as the maid of honor while Benji was the best man.
As for decoration, giant tents were set up outside the estate and a dance floor was constructed over the swimming pool. A large custom outdoor kitchen had also been set up to cater the big event. "They're going all-out with the decor. Nicole wanted a memorable, elegant affair for only their closest friends and family on their special day," a source told People.
Paparazzi were able to capture some pictures but Nicole and Joel reportedly had an official photographer capturing the wedding. The photos are now allegedly in the middle of a bidding war worth $100,000. New York Post reported, the couple had agreed for a price with OK! but then considered an offer from People.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny