Joel Madden and Nicole Richie Wed, the Details
The rumors are true, Nicole Richie and Joel Madden tied the knot after four years of dating and two children in between those years. The wedding took place Saturday, December 11 at Lionel Richie's house in Los Angeles, picking "an Old Hollywood glamorous feel" as the theme.
A string of celebrities who were reported to attend the weekend nuptials are Gwen Stefani, Samantha Ronson, Ashlee Simpson, Khloe Kardashian, Kris Jenner, Nicole's godfather Quincy Jones and Joel's twin brother Benji Madden. Rev. Run reportedly proceeded over the wedding ceremony. But the biggest guest, literally, was a trained elephant which was led to the wedding site for attraction.
The bride wore a custom-made wedding dress by Marchesa which reportedly cost $20,000, and had her hair done by Byron Williams of Byron & Tracey. The couple exchanged rings by Neil Lane, the same jeweler who crafted Nicole's 4-carat engagement ring. Their two-year-old daughter Harlow became the flower girl. Masha Gordon, a good friend of Nicole acted as the maid of honor while Benji was the best man.
As for decoration, giant tents were set up outside the estate and a dance floor was constructed over the swimming pool. A large custom outdoor kitchen had also been set up to cater the big event. "They're going all-out with the decor. Nicole wanted a memorable, elegant affair for only their closest friends and family on their special day," a source told People.
Paparazzi were able to capture some pictures but Nicole and Joel reportedly had an official photographer capturing the wedding. The photos are now allegedly in the middle of a bidding war worth $100,000. New York Post reported, the couple had agreed for a price with OK! but then considered an offer from People.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding