Producer: 'Dexter' Finale Is 'Therapeutic' and Without 'Bloodbath'
This Sunday, December 12, "Dexter" is going to wrap another season and if history repeats, it would be the talk of the town. Reporters are quick to dig out as little information as they can get of what lies ahead. Executive producer Sara Colleton is the one providing them.
In an interview with E! Online, Colleton addressed what kind of feeling that viewers will get after watching the episode. Last season "Dexter" killed its heroine Rita in a horrific way, leaving a permanent scar to both Dexter and the show's fans. "You won't need therapy this time. The finale is actually quite therapeutic. It's like therapy in and of itself," she said.
When pressed further of what fans can expect, she said, "This season Dexter's journey was atonement. So the big question is, will he be at peace with himself? Is that possible? Is it possible he has found a soul mate? There are a lot of questions that have been raised by this year that are still coins still tossing and turning in the air and they all will come down Sunday night."
She gave no confirmation of whether Julia Stiles will be back for another season as Lumen or in that case, all of the main cast members. "There a lot of fates that are still possibilities," she reasoned.
In an interview with THR, Colleton suggested that the finale won't be as brutal as last year. "This whole season's trajectory has been a season long arc of Dexter trying to achieve atonement, so it's not going to be a bloodbath," she revealed, "but it is going to emotionally tie everything in that was unleashed from last year in a very satisfying way for the audience and in a very Dexter-ous way."
Similarly, when asked about Lumen, Colleton replied, "I couldn't say a thing about that other than this has been, for Dexter, an odd thing. I think everyone in the audience recognizes that he's taking care of this woman and he is sort of putting everything he's been taught by his father, Harry, on hold to help this woman out. And he's the real reason he's doing it: he couldn't save Rita (so) he saves Lumen."
"Dexter" has been renewed for a sixth season.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie