Video Premiere: Dr. Dre's 'Kush' Ft. Akon and Snoop Dogg
Dr. Dre puts the world to a stop once he steps in "Kush" music video with his featured guests Akon and Snoop Dogg. All the ladies and other people in the room freeze in statue-like positions, but come to life once the water rains down from the sprinklers when Dre lits his lighter.
"Kush" was taken from Dre's upcoming studio album "Detox" which got numerous delays due to his perfectionism and his work of producing for other artists and signing new talent. The song was leaked in its unfinished version, causing the top-notch rapper/producer upset.
Despite the premature arrival, Dre has faith on the song and is eager to promote it to his fans. "It's a fun song, it's hot, and people seem to be loving it, and that's an exciting thing because I know if people are loving this song, they're going to really get into the record because this is just the tip of the iceberg," he said.
Two other songs which have already been embraced by music fans are Jay-Z-assisted track "Under Pressure" and Eminem-featured song "I Need a Doctor". Dre is now getting closer to "the finish line." He said last month, "I'm wrapping it up. ... I'll start the mixing process at the end of next month. And then from that point I'm about thirty-days out."
"I'm seriously excited about it. It's feeling good now. One of the reasons it was taking so long is because I felt like I was doing it more out of obligation as opposed to really feeling it. As of last year, I've been really feeling where it's going and it feels good and I think I'm ready."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences