Billy Ray Says 'Sorry' for Miley Cyrus' Bong Smoking Tape
Miley Cyrus' bong-smoking tape has been around for hours and she is yet to respond to the situation. But Billy Ray Cyrus has taken action, apologizing on behalf of his daughter via Twitter. "Sorry guys. I had no idea. Just saw this stuff for the first time myself. I'm so sad. There is much beyond my control right now," the older Cyrus said.
Miley enjoyed getting high with some of her friends, smoking from a huge pipe allegedly containing a controversial but legal substance Salvia. While it's legal in California, Salvia is banned in Delaware in 2006 following the suicide of teenager Brett Chidester whose parents believe the substance played a significant factor in his death.
Her female friend held a video cam which captured Miley giggling uncontrollably and babbling incoherently. Miley mistook someone for her on-off boyfriend Liam Hemsworth. "Oh I'm gonna lose it now... I'm going. Having a little bit of a bad trip! Is that a f**king Liam lookalike or what the hell is that? Is that my boyfriend? Is that my boyfriend? Oh my God, he looks so much like Liam!" She said at one point, "Is it me tripping? Is it me tripping?".
The video was allegedly shot at her home near Los Angeles, California, five days before she turned 18 on November 23. A source told TMZ which acquired the video, "Someone stole or copied the video from that friend's camera."
Miley said previously that she was planning a "fun" birthday party her friends and family only. Her parents Billy Ray and Tish are going through a divorce after 18 years of marriage.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Possible Reconciliation With Christina
- Chance The Rapper and Jeremih Featured on Taylor Bennett's 'Grown Up Fairy Tales'
- Uh-Oh! 'The Vampire Diaries' Poised to Bring Back This Ultimate Villain
- Report: Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Moving to Australia Next Year
- Selena Gomez Goes Braless in Sexy New Pics
- Patrick Stewart Is Done Playing Professor X in 'X-Men' Franchise
- Jamie Foxx Dumps Katie Holmes Over Her Scientology Drama
- Mahershala Ali and Wife Welcome Baby Girl