Gia Mantegna Is the Official 2011 Miss Golden Globe
Every year Golden Globe event organizers choose the daughter of an industry veteran to become Miss Golden Globe. Following the tradition, Gia Mantegna who is the daughter of Golden Globe-nominated actor Joe Mantegna is picked to take the title this year. She follows the footsteps of Rumer Willis, Laura Dern, Joely Fisher and Melanie Griffith among others.
"I am honored to be part of this wonderful tradition created by the HFPA," the 20-year-old actress said at a press conference held on December 9. "I have grown up watching the Golden Globes with my family and feel so fortunate to be part of such a magical evening so early in my career."
HFPA president Philip Berk added, "We are thrilled to have Gia as this year's Miss Golden Globe. She is just as talented as she is beautiful and will surely be a great addition to the show." Fellow young celebs like Ashley Tisdale, Heather Hemmens and Amanda Michalka were present when the announcement was made at a party taking place at Cecconi's restaurant in West Hollywood, Los Angeles.
Gia Mantegna made her acting debut when she was just 13, playing opposite her father in 2003 movie "Uncle Nino". She later appeared in "13 Going on 30" and has made appearances on the small screen in the episodes of "Medium", "Criminal Minds" and "The Secret Life of the American Teenager".
The 68th Annual Golden Globe Awards will be held at Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 16, 2011 and aired live by NBC at 8 P.M. EST. Ricky Gervais will return to host the event for the second time. Nominations will be announced December 14 at 5 A.M. PST.
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer