'The Hasselhoffs' Axed After Only Two Episodes
Viewers just lost interest in "The Hasselhoffs" and A&E is not waiting until the rating sinks. The docu-reality series, which follows David Hasselhoff's attempt to help his daughters in the entertainment world, is off the network's schedule after airing only 2 episodes.
The debut episode drew a mild 718,000 viewers and the second at the next hour plunged to 505,000. For comparison, A&E recently also premiered a new series called "Storage Wars" which actually has less star factor than "The Hasselhoffs" because it's about professional buyers purchasing storage units that have been foreclosed on. "Storage Wars" drew 2 million in its debut.
The premiere saw the Hoff playing golf with his friends, reminiscing about "Knight Rider" with his dad Joe and performing songs on an open top bus in San Diego. There was also him getting a hot dog named after him, him walking off the set of a commercial, and him confiding to the family dog about his addiction to caffeine.
Another kind of cut also happens at NBC. "Love Bites" which is yet to premiere is given only 9 instead of 13 episodes order. Although the dramedy had been marred with troubles in the past including the delay to midseason 2011, the reason NBC reduces its order is not for creative reasons.
Deadline reports that NBC bosses are happy with the episodes they have seen but they are running out of shelf space for midseason. There are at least 9 new and returning series which are waiting in line and "Love Bites" happens to be one of those which are yet scheduled.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked