Official Video Premiere: Michael Jackson's 'Hold My Hand' Ft. Akon
A music video for Michael Jackson's first official posthumous single "Hold My Hand" has finally arrived in full. Featuring Akon, it is filled with images of people celebrating the legacy of the late King of Pop. Inserted among the tribute is old footage of Michael during the past years.
The video is directed by Mark Pellington and was filmed in California. "The video is a tribute to all that Michael stands for -- life, in all its permutations...love, and its power.... A video of memory, healing and joy," the director said in a statement.
"Hold My Hand" is listed in an upcoming album titled "Michael" which also lines up Lenny Kravitz and 50 Cent in addition to Akon. Although the album will not come out in the United States until December 14, it has been made available for free stream in full on MJ's official site.
More Michael Jackson News
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris