'Alien' Prequel Gets Heavenly Title, Release Date Not Pushed Back a Year
Ridley Scott's "Alien" prequel reportedly has a title that is far from resembling the original film. Per New York Magazine's Vulture, the project is called "Paradise" and two parts of the back-to-back film are not pushed back to 2013 and 2014 as recently rumored.
Noomi Rapace has been linked to the female lead role lately but formal offers have not gone out to actors because there's no working budget yet on the film. Insiders, however, have spilled the names of stars who could possibly join the movie.
Michael Fassbender is reportedly wanted for the part of an android named David, an earlier version of the Bishop 341-B character that Lance Henriksen famously played in 1986 "Aliens", though there is a little chance he takes the job because his representatives have sought an outrageous amount of money for the "300" star.
Another actor linked to "Alien" prequel is Michelle Yeoh. The Asian actress, who is involved in upcoming "Kung Fu Panda 2" as the voice cast of The Soothsayer, is reportedly eyed by Scott to tackle the role of Vickers, a forty-something, tough-but-sexy woman.
Other characters which could appear in the film are an older businessman along for the ride and Engineer 1, who will be played by a six-foot-five-inch actor, but will actually be entirely CGI like Gollum in "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy. There is no word on who will take these roles.
Ridley Scott, who made 1979 "Alien", will direct the prequel project and team up with Tony Scott to produce it. The helmer previously gushed the film will "be really tough, really nasty. It's the dark side of the moon."
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune