'Alien' Prequel Gets Heavenly Title, Release Date Not Pushed Back a Year
Ridley Scott's "Alien" prequel reportedly has a title that is far from resembling the original film. Per New York Magazine's Vulture, the project is called "Paradise" and two parts of the back-to-back film are not pushed back to 2013 and 2014 as recently rumored.
Noomi Rapace has been linked to the female lead role lately but formal offers have not gone out to actors because there's no working budget yet on the film. Insiders, however, have spilled the names of stars who could possibly join the movie.
Michael Fassbender is reportedly wanted for the part of an android named David, an earlier version of the Bishop 341-B character that Lance Henriksen famously played in 1986 "Aliens", though there is a little chance he takes the job because his representatives have sought an outrageous amount of money for the "300" star.
Another actor linked to "Alien" prequel is Michelle Yeoh. The Asian actress, who is involved in upcoming "Kung Fu Panda 2" as the voice cast of The Soothsayer, is reportedly eyed by Scott to tackle the role of Vickers, a forty-something, tough-but-sexy woman.
Other characters which could appear in the film are an older businessman along for the ride and Engineer 1, who will be played by a six-foot-five-inch actor, but will actually be entirely CGI like Gollum in "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy. There is no word on who will take these roles.
Ridley Scott, who made 1979 "Alien", will direct the prequel project and team up with Tony Scott to produce it. The helmer previously gushed the film will "be really tough, really nasty. It's the dark side of the moon."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences