'Spartacus: Gods of the Arena' Cast Photos Released
While there's zero update on "Spartacus: Blood and Sand", Starz unleashed the photos of "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena" cast in their individual characters. The pics show some "Blood and Sand" characters way before Quintus Batiatus took over the Ludus and reveal the new characters such as Capua's sexy social climber Gaia.
John Hannah, Lucy Lawless, Peter Mensah, Manu Bennett, Nick Tarabay and Antonio Te Maioha return as Quintus, Lucretia, Doctore, Crixus, Ashur and Barca respectively. They are joined by new faces like Jamie Murray as Gaia, Marisa Ramirez as Melitta and Jeffrey Thomas as Titus.
But the central character would be Dustin Clare's Gannicus aka the original Championship of the House of Batiatus. He lives in a more ruthless time before Spartacus' arrival where honor was just finding it's way into the arena. As the prequel begins, Quintus Batiatus is the acting Lanista while his father Titus is on an extended visit to Sicilia. Batiatus must not only survive the harsh politics of Capua, but also compel his hedonistic fighter, Gannicus, to embrace being a champion gladiator who will bring esteem and respect to the House of Batiatus.
"Spartacus: Gods of the Arena" will begin January 21 on Starz. Producer Steven S. DeKnight said in this clip below that even if people have not seen "Blood and Sand", they would be able to follow the prequel.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival