'Spartacus: Gods of the Arena' Cast Photos Released
While there's zero update on "Spartacus: Blood and Sand", Starz unleashed the photos of "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena" cast in their individual characters. The pics show some "Blood and Sand" characters way before Quintus Batiatus took over the Ludus and reveal the new characters such as Capua's sexy social climber Gaia.
John Hannah, Lucy Lawless, Peter Mensah, Manu Bennett, Nick Tarabay and Antonio Te Maioha return as Quintus, Lucretia, Doctore, Crixus, Ashur and Barca respectively. They are joined by new faces like Jamie Murray as Gaia, Marisa Ramirez as Melitta and Jeffrey Thomas as Titus.
But the central character would be Dustin Clare's Gannicus aka the original Championship of the House of Batiatus. He lives in a more ruthless time before Spartacus' arrival where honor was just finding it's way into the arena. As the prequel begins, Quintus Batiatus is the acting Lanista while his father Titus is on an extended visit to Sicilia. Batiatus must not only survive the harsh politics of Capua, but also compel his hedonistic fighter, Gannicus, to embrace being a champion gladiator who will bring esteem and respect to the House of Batiatus.
"Spartacus: Gods of the Arena" will begin January 21 on Starz. Producer Steven S. DeKnight said in this clip below that even if people have not seen "Blood and Sand", they would be able to follow the prequel.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son