'Spartacus: Gods of the Arena' Cast Photos Released
While there's zero update on "Spartacus: Blood and Sand", Starz unleashed the photos of "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena" cast in their individual characters. The pics show some "Blood and Sand" characters way before Quintus Batiatus took over the Ludus and reveal the new characters such as Capua's sexy social climber Gaia.
John Hannah, Lucy Lawless, Peter Mensah, Manu Bennett, Nick Tarabay and Antonio Te Maioha return as Quintus, Lucretia, Doctore, Crixus, Ashur and Barca respectively. They are joined by new faces like Jamie Murray as Gaia, Marisa Ramirez as Melitta and Jeffrey Thomas as Titus.
But the central character would be Dustin Clare's Gannicus aka the original Championship of the House of Batiatus. He lives in a more ruthless time before Spartacus' arrival where honor was just finding it's way into the arena. As the prequel begins, Quintus Batiatus is the acting Lanista while his father Titus is on an extended visit to Sicilia. Batiatus must not only survive the harsh politics of Capua, but also compel his hedonistic fighter, Gannicus, to embrace being a champion gladiator who will bring esteem and respect to the House of Batiatus.
"Spartacus: Gods of the Arena" will begin January 21 on Starz. Producer Steven S. DeKnight said in this clip below that even if people have not seen "Blood and Sand", they would be able to follow the prequel.
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab