First Full Trailer for 'Rio' Highlights the Adventurous Story
20th Century Fox has unleashed the first full trailer for "Rio" which is going to hit theaters next year around Easter. Unlike the previously debuted teaser trailer which highlighted a bird called Blu who thinks he cannot fly, the new video which makes its way out via Apple shows the real adventure that lies on Blu's way.
Set in the magnificent city of Rio de Janeiro and the lush rainforest of Brazil, "Rio" centers its story on Blu, a rare macaw who thinks he is the last of his kind. When Blu discovers there's another - and that she's a she - he leaves the comforts of his cage in small town Minnesota and heads to Rio.
But it's far from love at first sight between the domesticated and flight-challenged Blu and the fiercely independent, high-flying female, Jewel. Unexpectedly thrown together, they embark on an adventure of a lifetime, where they learn about friendship, love, courage, and being open to life's many wonders.
Coming from "Ice Age: The Meltdown" and "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs" director Carlos Saldanha, the upcoming 3-D animation brings together a menagerie of vivid characters, a heart-warming story, colorful backdrops, energizing Latin and contemporary music, and family-friendly song and dance.
It has all star cast, including Anne Hathaway, Jesse Eisenberg, Leslie Mann, Jamie Foxx, will.i.am and Jemaine Clement, to voice the characters. The movie will grace theaters across the nation on April 8, 2011.
More Rio News
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer
- Report: Lee Jong Suk to Enlist to Military Soon
- Birthday Girl Julianne Hough Ditches Bikini Top During Romantic Honeymoon
- Comic-Con: Pennywise the Clown Mutilates His Victims in 'It' New Trailer and Clips
- Halle Berry Chugs a Half Bottle of Whiskey at 'Kingsman 2' Comic-Con Panel
- Are Miranda Kerr and Husband Evan Spiegel Expecting a Baby?