Cate Blanchett Is Confirmed Joining 'The Hobbit' Cast
Cate Blanchett is heading to the Middle Earth once again. The 41-year-old actress is tapped to reprise her "Lord of the Rings" role as Galadriel aka Lady of Lothlorien in "The Hobbit", New Line/Warner Bros has officially announced on December 7.
The press release also confirmed that Ken Stott, Sylvester McCoy and Mikael Persbrandt are cast in the film along with Ryan Gage, Jed Brophy and William Kircher. Stott ("Charlie Wilson's War") will play the Dwarf Lord Balin, McCoy ("Doctor Who") will play the wizard Radagast the Brown and Swedish actor Persbrandt ("Everlasting Moments'", "Day and Night") will play the shape-shifter Beorn. British actor Gage ("Outlaw", "Doctors") will play Drogo Baggins; and New Zealand actors Brophy ("Lord of the Rings" trilogy, "District 9") and Kircher ("Out of the Blue", "Legend of the Seeker") will play the dwarves Nori and Bifur respectively.
They all join Martin Freeman, Richard Armitage, Aidan Turner, Robert Kazinsky and Graham McTavish whose casting were unveiled before. Freeman takes the lead role of Bilbo Baggins. Ian McKellen is also expected to reprise his "LOTR" role as Gandalf, but it has not been confirmed yet.
In the meantime, the production for "The Hobbit" is set to be kicked off in February 2011 in New Zealand with Peter Jackson on board to helm it. The movie is split into two parts which will be shot back to back.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media