Cate Blanchett Is Confirmed Joining 'The Hobbit' Cast
Cate Blanchett is heading to the Middle Earth once again. The 41-year-old actress is tapped to reprise her "Lord of the Rings" role as Galadriel aka Lady of Lothlorien in "The Hobbit", New Line/Warner Bros has officially announced on December 7.
The press release also confirmed that Ken Stott, Sylvester McCoy and Mikael Persbrandt are cast in the film along with Ryan Gage, Jed Brophy and William Kircher. Stott ("Charlie Wilson's War") will play the Dwarf Lord Balin, McCoy ("Doctor Who") will play the wizard Radagast the Brown and Swedish actor Persbrandt ("Everlasting Moments'", "Day and Night") will play the shape-shifter Beorn. British actor Gage ("Outlaw", "Doctors") will play Drogo Baggins; and New Zealand actors Brophy ("Lord of the Rings" trilogy, "District 9") and Kircher ("Out of the Blue", "Legend of the Seeker") will play the dwarves Nori and Bifur respectively.
They all join Martin Freeman, Richard Armitage, Aidan Turner, Robert Kazinsky and Graham McTavish whose casting were unveiled before. Freeman takes the lead role of Bilbo Baggins. Ian McKellen is also expected to reprise his "LOTR" role as Gandalf, but it has not been confirmed yet.
In the meantime, the production for "The Hobbit" is set to be kicked off in February 2011 in New Zealand with Peter Jackson on board to helm it. The movie is split into two parts which will be shot back to back.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'