Official Release Date and Cover Art of Avril Lavigne's 'Goodbye Lullaby'
Details of Avril Lavigne's next studio installment have been shared. It is going to be released in the United States on March 8, 2011. The first look at the front page of the upcoming CD has also been unleashed, featuring the pop/rock singer perched on a black grand piano.
The first single "What the Hell" will be debuted on New Year's Eve during star-studded "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest" which will be hosted by Black Eyed Peas' Stacy Ferguson. One of the upbeat tracks in the album, the song is an unabashed embrace of fun and freedom.
Despite her divorce from Sum 41's Deryck Whibley, Avril reunites with him in the making of this album. She also worked with her other longtime collaborators such as Evan Taubenfeld and Butch Walker as well as top-notch songwriter/producer Max Martin.
The "Sk8ter Boy" hitmaker continues to share her personal experiences through her writing and music, and "Goodbye Lullaby" is a further evolution of this, propelled by a more raw and organic sound. The album runs the gamut of emotions.
Beside conveying "a broad message about personal freedom" in "What the Hell", Avril also expresses her gratitude for special people in her life in "Smile", explores the dynamics of a relationship in "Push", shows her vulnerable side in "Wish You Were Here", and finds the strength to close one chapter of her life and move on to the next in the title track "Goodbye". Another song "Stop Standing There" is fueled by an early-'50s girl-group feel.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'