Demi Lovato Hasn't Apologized to Alex Welch for Punching Her
Despite her publicist's statement that Demi Lovato "felt awful about her behavior" toward Alex Welch, the "Sonny with a Chance" actress hasn't apologized to the backing dancer. "To this day, I haven't gotten an apology. I've heard nothing," Welch said to People. "That's sad if you think that person is your friend."
Responding to Welch's statement, a source close to Lovato told the publication the Disney star who is currently in rehab for "emotional and physical issues" actually "hasn't been able to call Alex because she is sequestered in treatment." The source further insisted, "But multiple efforts have been made to reach out to her."
Welch is one of the female backup dancers in Jonas Brothers' tour. Demi and some of her friends went to a party after a concert but the tour managers were not happy when they found out. Demi felt someone in the tour had told on her and she confronted Alex while they were on private jet.
"We were on the plane with the Jonases having this awesome time and I didn't get a call or text from Demi or a 'hey, you got a problem with me,' nothing," Welch recalled. "And she walks up and punches me and literally walked away and got in her seat."
Contrary to what Lovato believed, Welch said she didn't know about the party and was not the one who told on her. "I felt, honestly, I didn't say anything and didn't think twice about it," she stated.
Welch who suffered a bruise on her left cheek has hired Beverly Hills attorney Donald Karpel to settle the issue. "We have contacted the Lovato camp and we are waiting for a response. If we don't hear back, we will pursue litigation," the lawyer said. A spokesperson for Lovato responded, "We are in the process of engaging with Alex's lawyer and hope to resolve this as quickly as possible."
More Demi Lovato News
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake
- Ray J Teams Up With Chris Brown for Kanye West 'Famous' Response
- Here's Why Ryan Reynolds Disagrees With Tim Miller's 'More Stylish' Version of 'Deadpool 2'
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen