'The Fighter' Los Angeles Premiere Attracts Actors and Sportsmen
Few days away from the U.S. release, "The Fighter" was premiered in Los Angeles on Monday night, December 6. The Grauman's Chinese Theater where the event took place was packed with a number of famous faces as the premiere attracted not only Hollywood stars but also athletes.
Mark Wahlberg, in a formal outfit, and Christian Bale, coming in casual style, came along with their own spouse. The lead actors were joined by the movie beauties, Amy Adams and Melissa Leo, when posing for cameras. Director David O. Russell also showed up at the evening affair.
The promotional event was additionally backed up by Micky Ward and Dicky Eklund, an Irish boxer and his brother whose life becomes highlight in the film. Former boxer Sugar Ray Leonard also shared the spotlight with other celebrity guests like actors Jeremy Piven, Mark Hamil and Shaun Toub.
"The Fighter" will chronicle the life of professional Irish boxer Micky Ward and his trainer-brother Dick Eklund, from their early days on the rough streets of Lowell, Mass., through Eklund's battle with drugs and Ward's eventual world championship in London. This drama will get limited release in the U.S. starting December 10.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March