'How to Train Your Dragon' Dominates 2010 Annie Awards Nominations
"How to Train Your Dragon" will make DreamWorks come home proudly at the 38th Annual Annie Awards. The International Animated Film Society has announced the nominations list for the upcoming event which is dominated by the movie with 15 nods.
"Dragon" is up against "Despicable Me", "Tangled", "The Illusionist" and "Toy Story 3" for Best Animated Feature prize. It gets two nominations in Animated Effects category, while leading Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois to compete for a prize in Directing in a Feature Production category.
Actors Jay Baruchel and Gerard Butler are also up for Voice Acting in a Feature Production kudo, fighting against Steve Carell ("Despicable Me"), Cameron Diaz ("Shrek Forever After") and Geoffrey Rush ("Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole"). Another coveted title which could belong to "Dragon" is Writing in a Feature Production.
Other DreamWorks' films "Megamind" and "Shrek Forever After" earn six and five nominations respectively. Meanwhile, Disney's "Toy Story 3" gets three nods and current box office champ "Tangled" lands two nods.
Annie Awards recognize the best in the field of animation including best animated feature, television production, commercials, short subjects, video games and outstanding individual achievements. A ceremony to announce winners of the 38th Annual Annie Awards will take place on February 5, 2011 at UCLA's Royce Hall in Los Angeles.
The full nominations list for the 38th Annual Annie Awards can be seen on the official site.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby