Kim Kardashian, Justin Timberlake Back From Digital Death
People can now keep up with their favorite stars again. Some celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Justin Timberlake, Lady GaGa and Ryan Seacrest have started tweeting again on December 6 after they proclaimed their Digital Deaths on December 1 to raise money for Alicia Keys' Keep a Child Alive organization.
Soon after the campaign reached $1 million goal, Kardashian used Twitter to thank people. "I am back from the dead! Thank you all so much for your donations and contributions!" she wrote. "I have missed u all so much!!! We raised $1mil to help KCA fight AIDS. Thank you so much and never stop buying life!"
Timberlake also declared his return to the micro-blogging site, tweeting "Justin Timberlake is alive! We raised $1mil to help KCA fight AIDS." Keys stated, "Weeee diddddddd itttttt!!!!! thank you sooooooo much for your support and for CARING about whats going on in the world!!!!"
"So stoked to be back on twitter! Special shout out to Stewie Rah Rah for his generous donation," Seacrest wrote, referring to billionaire and philanthropist Stewart Rahr who donated $500,000 to the cause. Meanwhile, GaGa's first tweet was, "Havin a little too much fun on tourbus. Played the album for label, the rest is History. Amen Hooker."
The campaign raised half a million dollars in less than a week by urging fans to donate $10, with an additional $500,000 donated from Rahr. The fund-raising effort appeared to be struggling to meet its $1 million goal at the beginning after only gaining around $180,950 on December 2 night.
More Kim Kardashian News
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame