'The X Factor' Cuts Mary Bryne and Reveals Finalists
"The X Factor" officially enters the final round as Mary Byrne left the show on Sunday, December 5. The 50-year-old mother received the lowest vote from the audience and eventually lost the judges' votes after a sing-off against Cher Lloyd.
Mary sang James Brown's "It's a Man's Man's Man's World" while Lloyd sang Britney Spears' "Everytime". Mary's mentor Louis Walsh voted to keep her while the others, including mentor Cheryl Cole, picked Cher. "This is quite straightforward. Mary I have supported you from the beginning and tonight proved what a good singer you are," Simon Cowell said.
He continued, "Cher, I actually liked that song you just sang. It was like hearing you for the first time. The act I'm sending through to the final is Cher." Joining Cher in the final are One Direction, Matt Cardle, and Rebecca Ferguson.
The result night was full of guest appearances. The show's 2008 winner Alexandra Burke came to perform, followed by "Glee" cast, and Black Eyed Peas. Actor Jack Black threw Simon out of his judge seat during the commercial break.
'Glee' on 'The X Factor':
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign