'The X Factor' Cuts Mary Bryne and Reveals Finalists
"The X Factor" officially enters the final round as Mary Byrne left the show on Sunday, December 5. The 50-year-old mother received the lowest vote from the audience and eventually lost the judges' votes after a sing-off against Cher Lloyd.
Mary sang James Brown's "It's a Man's Man's Man's World" while Lloyd sang Britney Spears' "Everytime". Mary's mentor Louis Walsh voted to keep her while the others, including mentor Cheryl Cole, picked Cher. "This is quite straightforward. Mary I have supported you from the beginning and tonight proved what a good singer you are," Simon Cowell said.
He continued, "Cher, I actually liked that song you just sang. It was like hearing you for the first time. The act I'm sending through to the final is Cher." Joining Cher in the final are One Direction, Matt Cardle, and Rebecca Ferguson.
The result night was full of guest appearances. The show's 2008 winner Alexandra Burke came to perform, followed by "Glee" cast, and Black Eyed Peas. Actor Jack Black threw Simon out of his judge seat during the commercial break.
'Glee' on 'The X Factor':
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting