'The X Factor' Cuts Mary Bryne and Reveals Finalists
"The X Factor" officially enters the final round as Mary Byrne left the show on Sunday, December 5. The 50-year-old mother received the lowest vote from the audience and eventually lost the judges' votes after a sing-off against Cher Lloyd.
Mary sang James Brown's "It's a Man's Man's Man's World" while Lloyd sang Britney Spears' "Everytime". Mary's mentor Louis Walsh voted to keep her while the others, including mentor Cheryl Cole, picked Cher. "This is quite straightforward. Mary I have supported you from the beginning and tonight proved what a good singer you are," Simon Cowell said.
He continued, "Cher, I actually liked that song you just sang. It was like hearing you for the first time. The act I'm sending through to the final is Cher." Joining Cher in the final are One Direction, Matt Cardle, and Rebecca Ferguson.
The result night was full of guest appearances. The show's 2008 winner Alexandra Burke came to perform, followed by "Glee" cast, and Black Eyed Peas. Actor Jack Black threw Simon out of his judge seat during the commercial break.
'Glee' on 'The X Factor':
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris