'The X Factor' Cuts Mary Bryne and Reveals Finalists
"The X Factor" officially enters the final round as Mary Byrne left the show on Sunday, December 5. The 50-year-old mother received the lowest vote from the audience and eventually lost the judges' votes after a sing-off against Cher Lloyd.
Mary sang James Brown's "It's a Man's Man's Man's World" while Lloyd sang Britney Spears' "Everytime". Mary's mentor Louis Walsh voted to keep her while the others, including mentor Cheryl Cole, picked Cher. "This is quite straightforward. Mary I have supported you from the beginning and tonight proved what a good singer you are," Simon Cowell said.
He continued, "Cher, I actually liked that song you just sang. It was like hearing you for the first time. The act I'm sending through to the final is Cher." Joining Cher in the final are One Direction, Matt Cardle, and Rebecca Ferguson.
The result night was full of guest appearances. The show's 2008 winner Alexandra Burke came to perform, followed by "Glee" cast, and Black Eyed Peas. Actor Jack Black threw Simon out of his judge seat during the commercial break.
'Glee' on 'The X Factor':
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers