'The X Factor' Cuts Mary Bryne and Reveals Finalists
"The X Factor" officially enters the final round as Mary Byrne left the show on Sunday, December 5. The 50-year-old mother received the lowest vote from the audience and eventually lost the judges' votes after a sing-off against Cher Lloyd.
Mary sang James Brown's "It's a Man's Man's Man's World" while Lloyd sang Britney Spears' "Everytime". Mary's mentor Louis Walsh voted to keep her while the others, including mentor Cheryl Cole, picked Cher. "This is quite straightforward. Mary I have supported you from the beginning and tonight proved what a good singer you are," Simon Cowell said.
He continued, "Cher, I actually liked that song you just sang. It was like hearing you for the first time. The act I'm sending through to the final is Cher." Joining Cher in the final are One Direction, Matt Cardle, and Rebecca Ferguson.
The result night was full of guest appearances. The show's 2008 winner Alexandra Burke came to perform, followed by "Glee" cast, and Black Eyed Peas. Actor Jack Black threw Simon out of his judge seat during the commercial break.
'Glee' on 'The X Factor':
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story