Coming Out of the Closet, Amber Heard Walks Red Carpet With Her Lesbian Partner
Amber Heard has come clean about her sexual orientation. The actress who is tapped to play Johnny Depp's love interest in movie "The Rum Diary" tagged along her lesbian partner Tasya van Ree, walking proudly on the red carpet of GLAAD 25th Anniversary Party on Friday night, December 3. She wore red ensemble in contrast of her partner who opted dark outfit.
Heard decided to come out of the closet because she doesn't want to be "a part of the problem." She told AfterEllen.com, "When millions and millions of hard-working, tax paying Americans are denied their rights and denied their equality you have to ask yourself what are the factors that are an epidemic problem and that's what this is."
"Injustice can never be stood for. It always must be fought against and I just was sick of it being a problem. Because I'm in the media I was aware of it and I luckily was introduced to GLAAD and am honored that they wanted me to be a part of tonight because it is such an important organization."
During the event, she managed to speak on the podium and presented the Founder's Award to GLAAD/LA Founder and First Executive Director Richard Jennings. "I think GLAAD is one of the many reasons that I, as a 24-year-old, can come out," she said. "I personally think that if you deny something or if you hide something you're inadvertently admitting it's wrong. I don't feel like I'm wrong. I don't feel like millions of people are wrong because they love who they love or they were born how they were born."
More Amber Heard News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story