Coming Out of the Closet, Amber Heard Walks Red Carpet With Her Lesbian Partner
Amber Heard has come clean about her sexual orientation. The actress who is tapped to play Johnny Depp's love interest in movie "The Rum Diary" tagged along her lesbian partner Tasya van Ree, walking proudly on the red carpet of GLAAD 25th Anniversary Party on Friday night, December 3. She wore red ensemble in contrast of her partner who opted dark outfit.
Heard decided to come out of the closet because she doesn't want to be "a part of the problem." She told AfterEllen.com, "When millions and millions of hard-working, tax paying Americans are denied their rights and denied their equality you have to ask yourself what are the factors that are an epidemic problem and that's what this is."
"Injustice can never be stood for. It always must be fought against and I just was sick of it being a problem. Because I'm in the media I was aware of it and I luckily was introduced to GLAAD and am honored that they wanted me to be a part of tonight because it is such an important organization."
During the event, she managed to speak on the podium and presented the Founder's Award to GLAAD/LA Founder and First Executive Director Richard Jennings. "I think GLAAD is one of the many reasons that I, as a 24-year-old, can come out," she said. "I personally think that if you deny something or if you hide something you're inadvertently admitting it's wrong. I don't feel like I'm wrong. I don't feel like millions of people are wrong because they love who they love or they were born how they were born."
More Amber Heard News
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed