Filmmakers Want to Do 'The Simpsons Movie' Sequel
"The Simpsons" had waited for a very long time before it got a big screen treatment in 2007. And after "The Simpsons Movie" was responded well by fans, filmmakers have an idea to make a sequel to the animation as the show's executive producer James L. Brooks reveals, "We're open to it."
"It was a huge success and we're very open to it and we have a beginning notion if we want to do it," Brooks says in an interview with Coming Soon, referring to the performance of the first movie adaptation. He, however, adds, "But the series always comes first with us. The series is always primary to us."
Recalling how they made the first "Simpsons" movie, Brooks shares, "It was much harder than we anticipated. It took us a year to try and get to the point because we're all so scared of 'What are we going to do to the Simpsons' and 'What if the movie is no good?' We were all so scared about that and I thought it took us a solid year of looking at each other to get to the point where we can get to the point where we don't give a sh*t."
Back in 2009, creator Matt Groening said there could be another "Simpsons" movie, but it will not come soon. "Some day maybe we'll do another one - but don't hold your breath," he stated.
"The Simpsons Movie" sees another adventure faced by the famous sarcastic family consisted of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie. The movie collected $527.1 million worldwide with $183.1 million from the U.S. sales.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'