Filmmakers Want to Do 'The Simpsons Movie' Sequel
"The Simpsons" had waited for a very long time before it got a big screen treatment in 2007. And after "The Simpsons Movie" was responded well by fans, filmmakers have an idea to make a sequel to the animation as the show's executive producer James L. Brooks reveals, "We're open to it."
"It was a huge success and we're very open to it and we have a beginning notion if we want to do it," Brooks says in an interview with Coming Soon, referring to the performance of the first movie adaptation. He, however, adds, "But the series always comes first with us. The series is always primary to us."
Recalling how they made the first "Simpsons" movie, Brooks shares, "It was much harder than we anticipated. It took us a year to try and get to the point because we're all so scared of 'What are we going to do to the Simpsons' and 'What if the movie is no good?' We were all so scared about that and I thought it took us a solid year of looking at each other to get to the point where we can get to the point where we don't give a sh*t."
Back in 2009, creator Matt Groening said there could be another "Simpsons" movie, but it will not come soon. "Some day maybe we'll do another one - but don't hold your breath," he stated.
"The Simpsons Movie" sees another adventure faced by the famous sarcastic family consisted of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie. The movie collected $527.1 million worldwide with $183.1 million from the U.S. sales.
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3
- Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha Announce New Collab 'Back to You'
- Meek Mill and His Crew Caught Jumping and Attacking Nicki Minaj's Ex Safaree
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy