Justin Bieber Cancels Performance on 'Wetten Dass' After Stunt Goes Wrong
On Saturday, December 4, the live airing of German TV show "Wetten Dass" was marred with a terrible accident. A contestant named Samuel Koch injured himself when trying to jump over cars on the stage. In respect of the accident, Justin Bieber who was scheduled to sing on that day pulled out his performance.
"Just want to let my people in Germany know I won't be on Wetten Dass tonight as an accident has taken place and we all don't think it is right to continue. Please pray for Samuel Koch & his family as we wait and hope for his health and safety," he tweeted. "Germany I'm sorry we couldn't perform tonight but some things are more important than putting on a show. We will be back I promise. Thank u."
Koch wore a chest protector, kneepads and a helmet when doing his stunt. He reportedly did his first jump quite well, but balked at the second, and then fell when jumping over the third car. He was rushed to University Hospital of Dusseldorf and treated for multiple injuries and fractures, which required surgery. His condition is no longer considered life threatening, but he remains in "critical" condition.
Host Thomas Gottschalk, somehow, had a feeling that something bad was gonna happen when introducing Koch's frightening stage act, saying "I have never been so scared...I hope all goes well." Later, after the accident, he stated, "It is the first time in my long, long career that such a thing has happened, and we have carried out many dangerous stunts. I have always said that would be the worst thing for me, if something happened to one of my candidates in a live show. I regret enormously that this has now happened."
More Justin Bieber News
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video