'Walking Dead' Ended With Explosion and Secret Whisper
"The Walking Dead" signed off from the first season with a bang, literally, and a mysterious whisper. The December 5 episode started with [Spoilers Ahead] a flashback that redeems Shane in the viewers' thought. Turns out he did think that Rick was dead at the hospital but he concealed the room and ran for his own life anyway.
Back on the CDC, the survivors met Dr. Jenner and took time to treat themselves with hot shower and wine. Just when Shane's reputation went up a bit by the initial sympathy, he tried to rape Lori. Later, Jenner explained what TS-19 means and revealed that it was his scientist wife who volunteered herself to be bitten and then studied.
Then there came the bad news of CDC counting down for a big "decontamination". They got 30 minutes to leave the facility but some like Jacqui and Andrea chose to stay. But Dale was not giving up Andrea so easily, saying he wouldn't leave if she doesn't. In the end, it was Jacqui who kept Jenner in company.
Before they took off, Jenner whispered something to Rick. And then boom! Viewers are kept in the dark about what the doctor said to Rick and may only find out when the season 2 premieres next year. AMC still has not confirmed whether it's true or not that the new season starts October 2011. But producer Gale Ann Hurd stated that co-creator Frank Darabont and exec producer/comic book author Robert Kirkman would map out the second season in January.
Plus, there's still no sighting of Merle in the finale and perhaps it would be explained in the new season. Michael Rooker who plays the redneck said before the finale, "It it's really set up well for me to bounce back, and I'm looking forward to it."
More The Walking Dead News
- Conspiracy Theorists Claim Elvis Presley Is Alive and Attended His 82nd Birthday
- Kim Kardashian 'Had a Secret Fling' With 'Celebrity Big Brother' Star Calum Best
- 'The Flash' Also Brings Back Rick Cosnett's Eddie Thawne, but How?
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'