Michael Jackson's 'Hold My Hand' Video Ft. Akon Gets Sneak Peek
Music video in support of Michael Jackson's first posthumous single "Hold My Hand" has got a short snippet. It features old footage of the late King of Pop on and off stage as well as new footage featuring people around the world who are inspired by him.
The "low budget" video is directed by Mark Pellington and promised to be premiered sometime soon. Speaking of the concept, Pellington told TMZ last month, "The video is a spiritual collage of MJ's legacy told through a visual mosaic exploring the themes of life."
Leaked a couple of years ago, "Hold My Hand" features Akon and leads MJ's new album "Michael" which is due in the U.S. on December 14. The decision to release the song as his first single is based on "a handwritten note from Michael belonging to his Estate indicated his desire that 'Hold My Hand' be the first single on his next project," Sony Music explained in a statement.
More Michael Jackson News
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season
- BET Awards 2017: Leslie Jones Mocks Amber Rose's 'Bush' Pic, Pokes Fun at Young Rappers' Names
- BET Awards 2017: Jada Pinkett Smith and Cardi B Ditch Bras, Blac Chyna Flashes Butt on Red Carpet
- Lorde Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'Melodrama'
- New 'Marvel's Inhumans' Poster Reveals First Look at Attilan
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors