Michael Jackson's 'Hold My Hand' Video Ft. Akon Gets Sneak Peek
Music video in support of Michael Jackson's first posthumous single "Hold My Hand" has got a short snippet. It features old footage of the late King of Pop on and off stage as well as new footage featuring people around the world who are inspired by him.
The "low budget" video is directed by Mark Pellington and promised to be premiered sometime soon. Speaking of the concept, Pellington told TMZ last month, "The video is a spiritual collage of MJ's legacy told through a visual mosaic exploring the themes of life."
Leaked a couple of years ago, "Hold My Hand" features Akon and leads MJ's new album "Michael" which is due in the U.S. on December 14. The decision to release the song as his first single is based on "a handwritten note from Michael belonging to his Estate indicated his desire that 'Hold My Hand' be the first single on his next project," Sony Music explained in a statement.
More Michael Jackson News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie