Simon Cowell Deemed 21st Century Jesus
Simon Cowell's bold comments on various reality singing contests make some people hate him, but that trademark lands him an honorable title at the same time. Evangelical magazine Re has dubbed the 51-year-old British a modern-day Jesus for his straight-talking and drive is believed to be just like The Messiah's.
The journal for the Assemblies of God church even uses a picture of the messianic music mogul on the cover. "Jesus, the one we think of as being meek and mild, gentle and loving and full of compassion, had the ability to talk tough. For some his words were hard to swallow - just like Cowell's - but he spoke truth and doesn't that hurt sometimes?" an article inside the magazine reads.
"Simon Cowell takes, learns from them and grows in the process, and there are numerous stories in the Bible of people who do the same," it further adds. The magazine goes on praising the man behind "The X Factor" and "Britain's Got Talent" by comparing him to other biblical figures like the father of all nations Abraham and the prophet Elijah.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'