Simon Cowell Deemed 21st Century Jesus
Simon Cowell's bold comments on various reality singing contests make some people hate him, but that trademark lands him an honorable title at the same time. Evangelical magazine Re has dubbed the 51-year-old British a modern-day Jesus for his straight-talking and drive is believed to be just like The Messiah's.
The journal for the Assemblies of God church even uses a picture of the messianic music mogul on the cover. "Jesus, the one we think of as being meek and mild, gentle and loving and full of compassion, had the ability to talk tough. For some his words were hard to swallow - just like Cowell's - but he spoke truth and doesn't that hurt sometimes?" an article inside the magazine reads.
"Simon Cowell takes, learns from them and grows in the process, and there are numerous stories in the Bible of people who do the same," it further adds. The magazine goes on praising the man behind "The X Factor" and "Britain's Got Talent" by comparing him to other biblical figures like the father of all nations Abraham and the prophet Elijah.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones