Simon Cowell Deemed 21st Century Jesus
Simon Cowell's bold comments on various reality singing contests make some people hate him, but that trademark lands him an honorable title at the same time. Evangelical magazine Re has dubbed the 51-year-old British a modern-day Jesus for his straight-talking and drive is believed to be just like The Messiah's.
The journal for the Assemblies of God church even uses a picture of the messianic music mogul on the cover. "Jesus, the one we think of as being meek and mild, gentle and loving and full of compassion, had the ability to talk tough. For some his words were hard to swallow - just like Cowell's - but he spoke truth and doesn't that hurt sometimes?" an article inside the magazine reads.
"Simon Cowell takes, learns from them and grows in the process, and there are numerous stories in the Bible of people who do the same," it further adds. The magazine goes on praising the man behind "The X Factor" and "Britain's Got Talent" by comparing him to other biblical figures like the father of all nations Abraham and the prophet Elijah.
More Simon Cowell News
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly