A Touching Trailer for Brad Pitt's 'Tree of Life' Is Out
The first trailer for highly-anticipated "The Tree of Life" which is attached to "Black Swan" has hit the web in bootleg version. It is dominated with scenes featuring a boy named Jack, following him from the day he was born until his childhood. A glimpse of adult Jack who is portrayed by Sean Penn is also inserted.
Jack is raised by parents who teach him two different things. "There are two ways through life, the way of nature and the way of grace. You'll have to choose which one you'll follow," Jessica Chastain's Mrs. O'Brien says to her son. Meanwhile, Jack's father who is portrayed by Brad Pitt urges him to "always be strong, always be your own man," and teaches him how to fight.
Now, Jack finds himself a lost soul in the modern world, seeking answers to the origins and meaning of life while questioning the existence of faith. "Father, Mother, always you wrestle inside me," little Jack says to himself.
Coming from Terrence Malick who got Oscar nominations for directing and writing 1998 "The Thin Red Line", "The Tree of Life" is the impressionistic story of a Midwestern family in the 1950's chronicling the journey of the eldest son, Jack, through the innocence of childhood to his disillusioned adult years - trying to reconcile the complicated relationship with his father. The drama will arrive in U.S. theaters on May 27, 2011.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed