A Touching Trailer for Brad Pitt's 'Tree of Life' Is Out
The first trailer for highly-anticipated "The Tree of Life" which is attached to "Black Swan" has hit the web in bootleg version. It is dominated with scenes featuring a boy named Jack, following him from the day he was born until his childhood. A glimpse of adult Jack who is portrayed by Sean Penn is also inserted.
Jack is raised by parents who teach him two different things. "There are two ways through life, the way of nature and the way of grace. You'll have to choose which one you'll follow," Jessica Chastain's Mrs. O'Brien says to her son. Meanwhile, Jack's father who is portrayed by Brad Pitt urges him to "always be strong, always be your own man," and teaches him how to fight.
Now, Jack finds himself a lost soul in the modern world, seeking answers to the origins and meaning of life while questioning the existence of faith. "Father, Mother, always you wrestle inside me," little Jack says to himself.
Coming from Terrence Malick who got Oscar nominations for directing and writing 1998 "The Thin Red Line", "The Tree of Life" is the impressionistic story of a Midwestern family in the 1950's chronicling the journey of the eldest son, Jack, through the innocence of childhood to his disillusioned adult years - trying to reconcile the complicated relationship with his father. The drama will arrive in U.S. theaters on May 27, 2011.
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups
- Mariah Carey Wears No Underwear in Sheer White Dress During Romantic Getaway With Fiance
- Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
- Mom Material? Katy Perry Bonds With Orlando Bloom's Son Flynn at Shanghai Disneyland
- Listen to 'Trolls' Soundtrack Featuring Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani and Ariana Grande