Oprah Appears in New OWN Promo
Absent from Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) promo the first time, Oprah Winfrey personally introduces her giant project in the second one. The promo uses a new song by Winfrey's favorite Black Eyed Pea, will.i.am, which is aptly titled "Own It" and would appear as the official theme song for the new network.
True to Oprah's vision of what the network will be about, will.i.am croons in the song about dreamers, believers and tomorrow's leaders. Oprah says in the video, "What if I could take every hero who inspired me; every lesson that motivated me; every opportunity that was ever given to me; and give it to you?"
OWN is kicking off January 1, in time for the end of holiday season. The buzz surrounding OWN has been generated through ads in cinemas, online ads and printed ones. "We organically have the biggest buzz driver in the world in Oprah," Darren Schillace, the channel's vice president of consumer marketing, said Thursday in an interview with NY Times.
The paper also said the ad will be adapted for television, both for the portfolio of channels owned by Discovery and for outside cable channels.
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?