Oprah Appears in New OWN Promo
Absent from Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) promo the first time, Oprah Winfrey personally introduces her giant project in the second one. The promo uses a new song by Winfrey's favorite Black Eyed Pea, will.i.am, which is aptly titled "Own It" and would appear as the official theme song for the new network.
True to Oprah's vision of what the network will be about, will.i.am croons in the song about dreamers, believers and tomorrow's leaders. Oprah says in the video, "What if I could take every hero who inspired me; every lesson that motivated me; every opportunity that was ever given to me; and give it to you?"
OWN is kicking off January 1, in time for the end of holiday season. The buzz surrounding OWN has been generated through ads in cinemas, online ads and printed ones. "We organically have the biggest buzz driver in the world in Oprah," Darren Schillace, the channel's vice president of consumer marketing, said Thursday in an interview with NY Times.
The paper also said the ad will be adapted for television, both for the portfolio of channels owned by Discovery and for outside cable channels.
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Solange Releases 'A Seat at the Table' Album Featuring Lil Wayne and Kelly Rowland
- 'The Bachelor': Get Details of Nick Viall's Carnival Date
- Is That a Baby Bump? Christina Aguilera Looks Pregnant When Attending Drake's Concert
- Yes, Jessica Biel Eats in the Shower and She Wants You to Try It Too
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Gets Official Synopsis, First Footage Is Coming to NYCC
- Iggy Azalea Pushes Back 'Digital Distortion' Release to 2017, Cites Nick Young Drama
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo