Oprah Appears in New OWN Promo
Absent from Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) promo the first time, Oprah Winfrey personally introduces her giant project in the second one. The promo uses a new song by Winfrey's favorite Black Eyed Pea, will.i.am, which is aptly titled "Own It" and would appear as the official theme song for the new network.
True to Oprah's vision of what the network will be about, will.i.am croons in the song about dreamers, believers and tomorrow's leaders. Oprah says in the video, "What if I could take every hero who inspired me; every lesson that motivated me; every opportunity that was ever given to me; and give it to you?"
OWN is kicking off January 1, in time for the end of holiday season. The buzz surrounding OWN has been generated through ads in cinemas, online ads and printed ones. "We organically have the biggest buzz driver in the world in Oprah," Darren Schillace, the channel's vice president of consumer marketing, said Thursday in an interview with NY Times.
The paper also said the ad will be adapted for television, both for the portfolio of channels owned by Discovery and for outside cable channels.
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene
- John McCain Is Diagnosed With Brain Cancer, Politicians Send Support
- Adele Is Struggling to Write New Album Because She Isn't 'Depressed' Enough
- Yoo Seung Ho Reveals He Enlisted to Military Because He Didn't Like Acting
- Meet Guillermo del Toro's Newest Creature in Dreamy First Trailer for 'The Shape of Water'