'Spider-Man' to Get New Villain and Parents
"Spider-Man" has gotten its second villain. After casting Rhys Ifans as an unnamed villainous character, Columbia Pictures reportedly will book Irrfan Khan ("Slumdog Millionaire") to portray another nemesis for Spider-Man named Van Atter. He will be joined by Annie Parisse ("Rubicon") as Van Atter's wife, The Hollywood Reporter says.
Moreover, Campbell Scott ("Damages") and Julianne Nicholson ("Law & Order: Criminal Intent") are going to join the production too, portraying Peter Parker's father and mother respectively. The characters, who were secret agents but died in a plane crash, are rarely seen in the comic book series and have never appeared in the original "Spider-Man" trilogy, so it has not been known whether they will appear in flashbacks, in a prologue or during the course of the movie.
While Scott has reportedly signed up for the untitled Spider-Man reboot, the other three are said in various stages of discussions to join the production, THR further reports.
These actors will join Andrew Garfield who is set to be Peter Parker aka Spider-Man and Emma Stone who is cast as Gwen Stacy. Martin Sheen and Sally Field will also be seen playing Uncle Ben and Aunt May respectively.
Marc Web will tackle the helming duty for the upcoming superhero film, which is to kick off production in December for July 3, 2012 release date in the U.S. Columbia will make it in 3-D.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding