'Spider-Man' to Get New Villain and Parents
"Spider-Man" has gotten its second villain. After casting Rhys Ifans as an unnamed villainous character, Columbia Pictures reportedly will book Irrfan Khan ("Slumdog Millionaire") to portray another nemesis for Spider-Man named Van Atter. He will be joined by Annie Parisse ("Rubicon") as Van Atter's wife, The Hollywood Reporter says.
Moreover, Campbell Scott ("Damages") and Julianne Nicholson ("Law & Order: Criminal Intent") are going to join the production too, portraying Peter Parker's father and mother respectively. The characters, who were secret agents but died in a plane crash, are rarely seen in the comic book series and have never appeared in the original "Spider-Man" trilogy, so it has not been known whether they will appear in flashbacks, in a prologue or during the course of the movie.
While Scott has reportedly signed up for the untitled Spider-Man reboot, the other three are said in various stages of discussions to join the production, THR further reports.
These actors will join Andrew Garfield who is set to be Peter Parker aka Spider-Man and Emma Stone who is cast as Gwen Stacy. Martin Sheen and Sally Field will also be seen playing Uncle Ben and Aunt May respectively.
Marc Web will tackle the helming duty for the upcoming superhero film, which is to kick off production in December for July 3, 2012 release date in the U.S. Columbia will make it in 3-D.
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked
- North West Serves as Flower Girl at a Wedding and Dances Adorably at the Party
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose