First Official Look at Brad Pitt in Terrence Malick's 'Tree of Life'
Terrence Malick's "The Tree of Life" has been previewed in some newly-released stills. Making their way out via Los Angeles Times, one of the images features Brad Pitt's O'Brien with a boy on his back, while the other photo sees Sean Penn's Jack walking alone on a sandy land.
These stills are said to be taken from the first trailer which will be premiered along with "Black Swan" which hits U.S. theaters on December 3. "The Tree of Life" itself will grace cinemas Stateside on May 27, 2011.
"The Tree of Life" is the impressionistic story of a Midwestern family in the 1950's chronicling the journey of the eldest son, Jack, through the innocence of childhood to his disillusioned adult years - trying to reconcile the complicated relationship with his father (Brad Pitt). Jack finds himself a lost soul in the modern world, seeking answers to the origins and meaning of life while questioning the existence of faith.
Jessica Chastain portrays Jack's mother aka Mrs. O'Brien, who "has a binary view of the world," LA Times says. "There are two ways through life, the way of nature and the way of grace. You'll have to choose which one you'll follow," she tells her boy in the upcoming trailer. Meanwhile, her husband is "a domineering sort" who always urges his son to "always be strong, always be your own man."
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri