First Official Look at Brad Pitt in Terrence Malick's 'Tree of Life'
Terrence Malick's "The Tree of Life" has been previewed in some newly-released stills. Making their way out via Los Angeles Times, one of the images features Brad Pitt's O'Brien with a boy on his back, while the other photo sees Sean Penn's Jack walking alone on a sandy land.
These stills are said to be taken from the first trailer which will be premiered along with "Black Swan" which hits U.S. theaters on December 3. "The Tree of Life" itself will grace cinemas Stateside on May 27, 2011.
"The Tree of Life" is the impressionistic story of a Midwestern family in the 1950's chronicling the journey of the eldest son, Jack, through the innocence of childhood to his disillusioned adult years - trying to reconcile the complicated relationship with his father (Brad Pitt). Jack finds himself a lost soul in the modern world, seeking answers to the origins and meaning of life while questioning the existence of faith.
Jessica Chastain portrays Jack's mother aka Mrs. O'Brien, who "has a binary view of the world," LA Times says. "There are two ways through life, the way of nature and the way of grace. You'll have to choose which one you'll follow," she tells her boy in the upcoming trailer. Meanwhile, her husband is "a domineering sort" who always urges his son to "always be strong, always be your own man."
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!