First Official Look at Brad Pitt in Terrence Malick's 'Tree of Life'
Terrence Malick's "The Tree of Life" has been previewed in some newly-released stills. Making their way out via Los Angeles Times, one of the images features Brad Pitt's O'Brien with a boy on his back, while the other photo sees Sean Penn's Jack walking alone on a sandy land.
These stills are said to be taken from the first trailer which will be premiered along with "Black Swan" which hits U.S. theaters on December 3. "The Tree of Life" itself will grace cinemas Stateside on May 27, 2011.
"The Tree of Life" is the impressionistic story of a Midwestern family in the 1950's chronicling the journey of the eldest son, Jack, through the innocence of childhood to his disillusioned adult years - trying to reconcile the complicated relationship with his father (Brad Pitt). Jack finds himself a lost soul in the modern world, seeking answers to the origins and meaning of life while questioning the existence of faith.
Jessica Chastain portrays Jack's mother aka Mrs. O'Brien, who "has a binary view of the world," LA Times says. "There are two ways through life, the way of nature and the way of grace. You'll have to choose which one you'll follow," she tells her boy in the upcoming trailer. Meanwhile, her husband is "a domineering sort" who always urges his son to "always be strong, always be your own man."
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016
- Kanye West Debuts Blonde Hair While Making First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization
- 'Logan' Reveals First Look at Richard E. Grant's Zander Rice
- Candace Cameron Exits 'The View' Because of 'Fuller House'
- First Look at Dinozords Unveiled in 'Power Rangers' Poster
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'