Rihanna, Justin Bieber and Eminem Top New Billboard Social 50 Chart
Billboard has a new chart called Social 50 which ranks the most active artists on the world's leading social networking site, and it sees Rihanna sitting at No. 1 in its debut week. The Barbadian songstress is followed by Justin Bieber and Eminem at the second and third places respectively.
"We continue to adapt the way we chart the changing landscape of music," Billboard Editorial Director, Bill Werde, said of the new chart. "The Social 50 is yet another step in the evolution of Billboard and an important response to our changing times."
Using a unique metric that includes weekly page views and song plays on such micro-blogging sites as MySpace, iLike, YouTube and Facebook, the list puts RiRi at the first position because she has two hit singles in current heavy plays, leads in new additions of friends/fans/followers, and becomes the fourth in total page views. Meanwhile, Bieber sits at No. 2 for he leads all artists in weekly page views.
Trailing behind the Slim Shady are Lady GaGa and Nicki Minaj. The two female artists secure the fourth and fifth spots respectively. Black Eyed Peas, Katy Perry, Ke$ha, Linkin Park and Shakira are the other celebrities making the Top 10 list.
- Justin Bieber
- Lady GaGa
- Nicki Minaj
- Black Eyed Peas
- Katy Perry
- Linkin Park
More Rihanna News
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville