Rihanna, Justin Bieber and Eminem Top New Billboard Social 50 Chart
Billboard has a new chart called Social 50 which ranks the most active artists on the world's leading social networking site, and it sees Rihanna sitting at No. 1 in its debut week. The Barbadian songstress is followed by Justin Bieber and Eminem at the second and third places respectively.
"We continue to adapt the way we chart the changing landscape of music," Billboard Editorial Director, Bill Werde, said of the new chart. "The Social 50 is yet another step in the evolution of Billboard and an important response to our changing times."
Using a unique metric that includes weekly page views and song plays on such micro-blogging sites as MySpace, iLike, YouTube and Facebook, the list puts RiRi at the first position because she has two hit singles in current heavy plays, leads in new additions of friends/fans/followers, and becomes the fourth in total page views. Meanwhile, Bieber sits at No. 2 for he leads all artists in weekly page views.
Trailing behind the Slim Shady are Lady GaGa and Nicki Minaj. The two female artists secure the fourth and fifth spots respectively. Black Eyed Peas, Katy Perry, Ke$ha, Linkin Park and Shakira are the other celebrities making the Top 10 list.
- Justin Bieber
- Lady GaGa
- Nicki Minaj
- Black Eyed Peas
- Katy Perry
- Linkin Park
More Rihanna News
- Chris Brown Is Arrested for Assault With a Deadly Weapon
- New Boyfriend? Lindsay Lohan Spotted Together With Dennis Papageorgiou in Greece
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues