Helen Mirren's 'The Tempest' Gets First Clip
In this coming week, "The Tempest" which comes from directing hand of Julie Taymor will open wide in U.S. theaters. To tease moviegoers, Touchstone Pictures has unleashed the first clip via Coming Soon to show how Helen Mirren's Prospera is not supported by Djimon Hounsou's Caliban, whom she calls a slave, though she is the ruling queen of the island.
A sorcerer reigning over a magical island, Prospera has to defend her throne not only from her brother and nobleman Sebastian, but also a pair of fools who team up with the island native, Caliban, to overthrow the island. Based on Shakespeare's play, the story mixes romance with fraternal politics and the supernatural.
Felicity Jones is cast as Prospera's daughter Miranda, with the likes of Russell Brand, Alfred Molina, Ben Wishaw, Chris Cooper, Alan Cumming and David Strathairn taking other roles. This drama will be released on December 10.
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Violent Season 7 Premiere