Taylor Swift Is EW's Youngest-Ever Entertainer of the Year
For winning prizes from some awards shows in 2010 and breaking record with "Speak Now" which sold 1,047,000 units in just a week, Taylor Swift has been crowned as Entertainer of the Year by Entertainment Weekly. At 20 years old, the country music singer is officially the youngest star who gets the title.
The "Innocent" singer is thus picked to grace the cover of the magazine's latest issue, posing in a magician-like outfit. To the publication, Taylor shares how she feels when people speculate about the subjects of the songs she write.
"Sometimes I would laugh because I would see it in print and it would say, 'This song, which is written about her ex, so-and-so...' And they would write about it as if it was fact. The fact is, I haven't ever confirmed that any song is about any particular person. There's something kind of freeing about that. As far as I'm concerned, it's all still up in the air," she says.
And Taylor believes that there is nothing wrong with writing a song about someone's life, stating "Nothing is off-limits as far as writing. You can't have parts of your life you don't write about." But when she is quizzed about her outings with Jake Gyllenhaal which pictures recently hit tabloid, she diplomatically answers, "I write in great detail about my personal life, but I don't talk about it."
Also named Entertainment Weekly's Entertainers of the Year after Taylor are James Franco, Jon Hamm, Katy Perry, Kanye West, the kids of "Modern Family" and the "Glee" gang. Other names which make the list can be seen on the latest issue of the magazine which is published on December 3.
More Taylor Swift News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour