Taylor Swift Is EW's Youngest-Ever Entertainer of the Year
For winning prizes from some awards shows in 2010 and breaking record with "Speak Now" which sold 1,047,000 units in just a week, Taylor Swift has been crowned as Entertainer of the Year by Entertainment Weekly. At 20 years old, the country music singer is officially the youngest star who gets the title.
The "Innocent" singer is thus picked to grace the cover of the magazine's latest issue, posing in a magician-like outfit. To the publication, Taylor shares how she feels when people speculate about the subjects of the songs she write.
"Sometimes I would laugh because I would see it in print and it would say, 'This song, which is written about her ex, so-and-so...' And they would write about it as if it was fact. The fact is, I haven't ever confirmed that any song is about any particular person. There's something kind of freeing about that. As far as I'm concerned, it's all still up in the air," she says.
And Taylor believes that there is nothing wrong with writing a song about someone's life, stating "Nothing is off-limits as far as writing. You can't have parts of your life you don't write about." But when she is quizzed about her outings with Jake Gyllenhaal which pictures recently hit tabloid, she diplomatically answers, "I write in great detail about my personal life, but I don't talk about it."
Also named Entertainment Weekly's Entertainers of the Year after Taylor are James Franco, Jon Hamm, Katy Perry, Kanye West, the kids of "Modern Family" and the "Glee" gang. Other names which make the list can be seen on the latest issue of the magazine which is published on December 3.
More Taylor Swift News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story