Taylor Swift Is EW's Youngest-Ever Entertainer of the Year
For winning prizes from some awards shows in 2010 and breaking record with "Speak Now" which sold 1,047,000 units in just a week, Taylor Swift has been crowned as Entertainer of the Year by Entertainment Weekly. At 20 years old, the country music singer is officially the youngest star who gets the title.
The "Innocent" singer is thus picked to grace the cover of the magazine's latest issue, posing in a magician-like outfit. To the publication, Taylor shares how she feels when people speculate about the subjects of the songs she write.
"Sometimes I would laugh because I would see it in print and it would say, 'This song, which is written about her ex, so-and-so...' And they would write about it as if it was fact. The fact is, I haven't ever confirmed that any song is about any particular person. There's something kind of freeing about that. As far as I'm concerned, it's all still up in the air," she says.
And Taylor believes that there is nothing wrong with writing a song about someone's life, stating "Nothing is off-limits as far as writing. You can't have parts of your life you don't write about." But when she is quizzed about her outings with Jake Gyllenhaal which pictures recently hit tabloid, she diplomatically answers, "I write in great detail about my personal life, but I don't talk about it."
Also named Entertainment Weekly's Entertainers of the Year after Taylor are James Franco, Jon Hamm, Katy Perry, Kanye West, the kids of "Modern Family" and the "Glee" gang. Other names which make the list can be seen on the latest issue of the magazine which is published on December 3.
More Taylor Swift News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars