'Grey's Anatomy' January 2011 Return Preview
Recently away for a Thanksgiving break, "Grey's Anatomy" once again takes a long hiatus to return with a new episode on January 6, 2011. ABC gives no reason to this apart from announcing that game show "Wipeout" would accompany it upon return at 8/7c.
Meanwhile, star Chandra Wilson takes the opportunity to shed the light on the planned musical episode. "Everyone keeps calling this a 'musical episode,' but really it's about the music of Grey's Anatomy," Wilson told People at the Hollywood premiere of "Frankie and Alice".
"We're basically taking iconic songs from the show, songs that everyone knows, or has heard, and we're going to bring them to life through the characters on the show." She added, "We're still going to do a Grey's show. But instead, the music will be essential to what's happening."
Wilson has the experience in musical theater and so does Sara Ramirez, but one person that people least expect to rock it out is Kevin McKidd. Wilson gushed, "Kevin McKidd is a rock star. We've had the pleasure of hearing him sing, and he's just a rock star! You'd be amazed."
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama