'Grey's Anatomy' January 2011 Return Preview
Recently away for a Thanksgiving break, "Grey's Anatomy" once again takes a long hiatus to return with a new episode on January 6, 2011. ABC gives no reason to this apart from announcing that game show "Wipeout" would accompany it upon return at 8/7c.
Meanwhile, star Chandra Wilson takes the opportunity to shed the light on the planned musical episode. "Everyone keeps calling this a 'musical episode,' but really it's about the music of Grey's Anatomy," Wilson told People at the Hollywood premiere of "Frankie and Alice".
"We're basically taking iconic songs from the show, songs that everyone knows, or has heard, and we're going to bring them to life through the characters on the show." She added, "We're still going to do a Grey's show. But instead, the music will be essential to what's happening."
Wilson has the experience in musical theater and so does Sara Ramirez, but one person that people least expect to rock it out is Kevin McKidd. Wilson gushed, "Kevin McKidd is a rock star. We've had the pleasure of hearing him sing, and he's just a rock star! You'd be amazed."
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video