'Grey's Anatomy' January 2011 Return Preview
Recently away for a Thanksgiving break, "Grey's Anatomy" once again takes a long hiatus to return with a new episode on January 6, 2011. ABC gives no reason to this apart from announcing that game show "Wipeout" would accompany it upon return at 8/7c.
Meanwhile, star Chandra Wilson takes the opportunity to shed the light on the planned musical episode. "Everyone keeps calling this a 'musical episode,' but really it's about the music of Grey's Anatomy," Wilson told People at the Hollywood premiere of "Frankie and Alice".
"We're basically taking iconic songs from the show, songs that everyone knows, or has heard, and we're going to bring them to life through the characters on the show." She added, "We're still going to do a Grey's show. But instead, the music will be essential to what's happening."
Wilson has the experience in musical theater and so does Sara Ramirez, but one person that people least expect to rock it out is Kevin McKidd. Wilson gushed, "Kevin McKidd is a rock star. We've had the pleasure of hearing him sing, and he's just a rock star! You'd be amazed."
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'