'Grey's Anatomy' January 2011 Return Preview
Recently away for a Thanksgiving break, "Grey's Anatomy" once again takes a long hiatus to return with a new episode on January 6, 2011. ABC gives no reason to this apart from announcing that game show "Wipeout" would accompany it upon return at 8/7c.
Meanwhile, star Chandra Wilson takes the opportunity to shed the light on the planned musical episode. "Everyone keeps calling this a 'musical episode,' but really it's about the music of Grey's Anatomy," Wilson told People at the Hollywood premiere of "Frankie and Alice".
"We're basically taking iconic songs from the show, songs that everyone knows, or has heard, and we're going to bring them to life through the characters on the show." She added, "We're still going to do a Grey's show. But instead, the music will be essential to what's happening."
Wilson has the experience in musical theater and so does Sara Ramirez, but one person that people least expect to rock it out is Kevin McKidd. Wilson gushed, "Kevin McKidd is a rock star. We've had the pleasure of hearing him sing, and he's just a rock star! You'd be amazed."
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Watch Juicy J and Kanye West in 'Ballin' Video
- Tina Fey Suggested Alec Baldwin to Play Donald Trump on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Watch Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Hilariously Argue Over Who's Closer to Tom Brady
- Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench and More A-Listers Join Johnny Depp in 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Confirmed! Lady GaGa Is Headlining 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young