'Grey's Anatomy' January 2011 Return Preview
Recently away for a Thanksgiving break, "Grey's Anatomy" once again takes a long hiatus to return with a new episode on January 6, 2011. ABC gives no reason to this apart from announcing that game show "Wipeout" would accompany it upon return at 8/7c.
Meanwhile, star Chandra Wilson takes the opportunity to shed the light on the planned musical episode. "Everyone keeps calling this a 'musical episode,' but really it's about the music of Grey's Anatomy," Wilson told People at the Hollywood premiere of "Frankie and Alice".
"We're basically taking iconic songs from the show, songs that everyone knows, or has heard, and we're going to bring them to life through the characters on the show." She added, "We're still going to do a Grey's show. But instead, the music will be essential to what's happening."
Wilson has the experience in musical theater and so does Sara Ramirez, but one person that people least expect to rock it out is Kevin McKidd. Wilson gushed, "Kevin McKidd is a rock star. We've had the pleasure of hearing him sing, and he's just a rock star! You'd be amazed."
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'