First Official Photo and Release Schedule for Mel Gibson's 'The Beaver'
Mel Gibson's movie "The Beaver" is back on track after it was temporarily shelved due to the actor's personal problem. Summit Entertainment has revealed that they plan to drop the comedy in U.S. theaters sometime in spring 2011, but the exact date has not been announced yet.
The studio has additionally debuted the first official still from the film, giving a look at Gibson with a beaver puppet on his hand standing next to Jodie Foster. Scenes from the film will be made available for preview soon since Summit has promised to release the first trailer on Friday, December 3 via Entertainment Tonight.
According to the official synopsis, "The Beaver" is an emotional story about a man on a journey to re-discover his family and re-start his life. Plagued by his own demons, Mel Gibson's Walter Black was once a successful toy executive and family man who now suffers from depression. No matter what he tries, Walter can't seem to get himself back on track...until a beaver hand puppet enters his life.
Jodie Foster stars as Black's wife, Meredith, joined by Riley Thomas Stewart and Anton Yelchin who portray the couple's sons. The two-time Academy Award-winning actress also serves as a director for the PG-13 rated film.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign