First Official Photo and Release Schedule for Mel Gibson's 'The Beaver'
Mel Gibson's movie "The Beaver" is back on track after it was temporarily shelved due to the actor's personal problem. Summit Entertainment has revealed that they plan to drop the comedy in U.S. theaters sometime in spring 2011, but the exact date has not been announced yet.
The studio has additionally debuted the first official still from the film, giving a look at Gibson with a beaver puppet on his hand standing next to Jodie Foster. Scenes from the film will be made available for preview soon since Summit has promised to release the first trailer on Friday, December 3 via Entertainment Tonight.
According to the official synopsis, "The Beaver" is an emotional story about a man on a journey to re-discover his family and re-start his life. Plagued by his own demons, Mel Gibson's Walter Black was once a successful toy executive and family man who now suffers from depression. No matter what he tries, Walter can't seem to get himself back on track...until a beaver hand puppet enters his life.
Jodie Foster stars as Black's wife, Meredith, joined by Riley Thomas Stewart and Anton Yelchin who portray the couple's sons. The two-time Academy Award-winning actress also serves as a director for the PG-13 rated film.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars