First Official Photo and Release Schedule for Mel Gibson's 'The Beaver'
Mel Gibson's movie "The Beaver" is back on track after it was temporarily shelved due to the actor's personal problem. Summit Entertainment has revealed that they plan to drop the comedy in U.S. theaters sometime in spring 2011, but the exact date has not been announced yet.
The studio has additionally debuted the first official still from the film, giving a look at Gibson with a beaver puppet on his hand standing next to Jodie Foster. Scenes from the film will be made available for preview soon since Summit has promised to release the first trailer on Friday, December 3 via Entertainment Tonight.
According to the official synopsis, "The Beaver" is an emotional story about a man on a journey to re-discover his family and re-start his life. Plagued by his own demons, Mel Gibson's Walter Black was once a successful toy executive and family man who now suffers from depression. No matter what he tries, Walter can't seem to get himself back on track...until a beaver hand puppet enters his life.
Jodie Foster stars as Black's wife, Meredith, joined by Riley Thomas Stewart and Anton Yelchin who portray the couple's sons. The two-time Academy Award-winning actress also serves as a director for the PG-13 rated film.
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'