Casting News: Katie Couric Going 'Glee', Russell Brand Is in 'Rush'
The rumor that Katie Couric was invited to make a "Glee" appearance contains truth after all. Rep of the CBS Evening News anchor confirmed to several media outlets that she is due to be a guest but declined to comment what kind of role she will take.
Words are, she would appear as herself in the much-hyped post-Super Bowl episode in February. New York Post further reported that she is expected to share a scene with Sue Sylvester and would film her part "very soon".
Couric is self-confessed Gleek, revealing last month, "It's something my 14-year-old daughter will actually do with me these days." In coincidence, she would interview "Glee" star Matthew Morrison on CBS Sunday Morning this weekend.
On another piece of casting news, newly-married actor Russell Brand is also set to play himself in a TV series. He, according to NY Post, is signed for an episode of Nickelodeon's "Big Time Rush". He is expected to join a party at his beach-front mansion where Big Time Rush will perform. It is thus likely that he would join the band onstage.
The episode is called "Beach Blanket Big Time" but the air date is not yet known.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'