Casting News: Katie Couric Going 'Glee', Russell Brand Is in 'Rush'
The rumor that Katie Couric was invited to make a "Glee" appearance contains truth after all. Rep of the CBS Evening News anchor confirmed to several media outlets that she is due to be a guest but declined to comment what kind of role she will take.
Words are, she would appear as herself in the much-hyped post-Super Bowl episode in February. New York Post further reported that she is expected to share a scene with Sue Sylvester and would film her part "very soon".
Couric is self-confessed Gleek, revealing last month, "It's something my 14-year-old daughter will actually do with me these days." In coincidence, she would interview "Glee" star Matthew Morrison on CBS Sunday Morning this weekend.
On another piece of casting news, newly-married actor Russell Brand is also set to play himself in a TV series. He, according to NY Post, is signed for an episode of Nickelodeon's "Big Time Rush". He is expected to join a party at his beach-front mansion where Big Time Rush will perform. It is thus likely that he would join the band onstage.
The episode is called "Beach Blanket Big Time" but the air date is not yet known.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'