Casting News: Katie Couric Going 'Glee', Russell Brand Is in 'Rush'
The rumor that Katie Couric was invited to make a "Glee" appearance contains truth after all. Rep of the CBS Evening News anchor confirmed to several media outlets that she is due to be a guest but declined to comment what kind of role she will take.
Words are, she would appear as herself in the much-hyped post-Super Bowl episode in February. New York Post further reported that she is expected to share a scene with Sue Sylvester and would film her part "very soon".
Couric is self-confessed Gleek, revealing last month, "It's something my 14-year-old daughter will actually do with me these days." In coincidence, she would interview "Glee" star Matthew Morrison on CBS Sunday Morning this weekend.
On another piece of casting news, newly-married actor Russell Brand is also set to play himself in a TV series. He, according to NY Post, is signed for an episode of Nickelodeon's "Big Time Rush". He is expected to join a party at his beach-front mansion where Big Time Rush will perform. It is thus likely that he would join the band onstage.
The episode is called "Beach Blanket Big Time" but the air date is not yet known.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says