Casting News: Katie Couric Going 'Glee', Russell Brand Is in 'Rush'
The rumor that Katie Couric was invited to make a "Glee" appearance contains truth after all. Rep of the CBS Evening News anchor confirmed to several media outlets that she is due to be a guest but declined to comment what kind of role she will take.
Words are, she would appear as herself in the much-hyped post-Super Bowl episode in February. New York Post further reported that she is expected to share a scene with Sue Sylvester and would film her part "very soon".
Couric is self-confessed Gleek, revealing last month, "It's something my 14-year-old daughter will actually do with me these days." In coincidence, she would interview "Glee" star Matthew Morrison on CBS Sunday Morning this weekend.
On another piece of casting news, newly-married actor Russell Brand is also set to play himself in a TV series. He, according to NY Post, is signed for an episode of Nickelodeon's "Big Time Rush". He is expected to join a party at his beach-front mansion where Big Time Rush will perform. It is thus likely that he would join the band onstage.
The episode is called "Beach Blanket Big Time" but the air date is not yet known.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic