Christina Aguilera Talks 'Unhealthy' Marriage and New Romance
Christina Aguilera feels the time is right to open up about the reason she split up from husband Jordan Bratman and talk about her new romance at the same time. The singer said in a new interview with People magazine that an "unhealthy and unhappy" marriage led to the decision to get a divorce.
"Things were so unhealthy and unhappy for both Jordan and me, I knew I had to end it," Aguilera talked candidly. "I really didn't want to hurt Jordan, and I felt torn about splitting our family up." But the singer did not just give up after five years of marriage. One of the things that they did to save it was going on a family trip to Italy, but that "still didn't work out."
She felt it stronger after filming "Burlesque" in March. "When I finished filming, I didn't feel right in my own shoes [at home]," she said. "I had a lot of things stirring inside of me that I felt were being suppressed. We just weren't right for each other. I couldn't face living another five years [together]."
Taking the cue from her own experience as a child, Aguilera thought divorce is the best solution. "When you're unhappy in your marriage, your children are the ones who suffer. That's the last thing I wanted for my son," she said. Her parents split when she was only 7.
Aguilera has now moved on to another man, the guy who has been seen with her on several occasions lately. The Grammy-winning singer admitted that "Burlesque" set assistant Matthew Rutler is "a special person" to her. She said, "We had a really strong friendship on the movie. He's the kind of person you could spend hours on the phone talking to and all of a sudden it's daylight. Once I filed for divorce, we started dating."
When pressed further whether she's in love, Xtina confessed, "There's a love there, yes. I'm having fun, I'm dating and it's something I haven't had in a really long time."
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz
- Chris Brown Throws Pool Party for Daughter Royalty's Third Birthday
- Fifth Harmony Teases New Single With Mysterious Riddles on Snapchat
- Beyonce Shows Off Huge Baby Bump in Tiny Bikini
- Britney Spears Steps Out for Dinner Date With Beau Sam Asghari in Malibu
- Prince William Regrets That Princess Diana Will Never Meet His Family in Revealing Interview
- 'Paddington 2' First Teaser Sees the Return of the Beloved Peruvian Bear
- Adam Levine Flaunts 'True Love' Tattoo as He Grabs Behati Prinsloo's Booty