Ann Ward Wins 'America's Next Top Model' and Confidence
Ann Ward was crowned the winner of "America's Next Top Model" Cycle 15 winner on Wednesday, December 1. The 18-year-old is the 6 ft., 2 in. model with the "tiniest waist" Tyra Banks had ever seen. Ward, originating from Dallas, now reveals that she gains not only prizes but also confidence through the victory.
"Going into the competition I was super insecure about myself. I had just gotten out of high school about a year ago, so I'd been through all the teenage drama, bullying and stuff," Ward tells Billy Bush and Kit Hoover of "Access Hollywood Live" Thursday morning. Ward said growing up, she was taunted about her tall frame.
"It was really nerve racking going into the competition thinking I wasn't going to fit it or they wouldn't like my height, just like they did in the Dallas modeling industry, but once I was there I gained so much confidence," she continues. "I really embraced who I was while I was there. "
As a winner, Ward received a $100,000 contract with CoverGirl Cosmetics, a contract with IMG Models, the cover of Beauty In Vogue, fashion spreads in Vogue Italia and Beauty In Vogue, as well as a prominent feature on Vogue Italia's website, Vogue.it.
But Ward admits that she won't splash on luxurious items. "I don't really want to splurge too much," Ward says. "[I will] probably [buy] shoes, I don't have very many shoes."
More America's Next Top Model News
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'