Ann Ward Wins 'America's Next Top Model' and Confidence
Ann Ward was crowned the winner of "America's Next Top Model" Cycle 15 winner on Wednesday, December 1. The 18-year-old is the 6 ft., 2 in. model with the "tiniest waist" Tyra Banks had ever seen. Ward, originating from Dallas, now reveals that she gains not only prizes but also confidence through the victory.
"Going into the competition I was super insecure about myself. I had just gotten out of high school about a year ago, so I'd been through all the teenage drama, bullying and stuff," Ward tells Billy Bush and Kit Hoover of "Access Hollywood Live" Thursday morning. Ward said growing up, she was taunted about her tall frame.
"It was really nerve racking going into the competition thinking I wasn't going to fit it or they wouldn't like my height, just like they did in the Dallas modeling industry, but once I was there I gained so much confidence," she continues. "I really embraced who I was while I was there. "
As a winner, Ward received a $100,000 contract with CoverGirl Cosmetics, a contract with IMG Models, the cover of Beauty In Vogue, fashion spreads in Vogue Italia and Beauty In Vogue, as well as a prominent feature on Vogue Italia's website, Vogue.it.
But Ward admits that she won't splash on luxurious items. "I don't really want to splurge too much," Ward says. "[I will] probably [buy] shoes, I don't have very many shoes."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie