Video Premiere: Coldplay's 'Christmas Lights'
Coldplay have debuted a music video for their newly-released holiday song "Christmas Lights". This band perform the song on a small theater-inspired stage with red velvet curtains by the South Bank of River Thames in London. Fireworks are set off, and a group of people on a boat let go of colorful balloons. This Mat Whitecross-directed clip also features several Elvis Presley impersonators playing violins.
The song available for purchase on iTunes starting December 1 becomes Coldplay's first original holiday tune. This band previously recorded "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" for "Maybe This Christmas" compilation set in 2002.
Later this month, Coldplay who are currently finishing their new album will be performing in Liverpool and Newcastle on date 19 and 20 respectively. Proceeds from those upcoming shows will benefit Crisis charity, an initiative which provides support for the homeless.
More Coldplay News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'