Video Premiere: Coldplay's 'Christmas Lights'
Coldplay have debuted a music video for their newly-released holiday song "Christmas Lights". This band perform the song on a small theater-inspired stage with red velvet curtains by the South Bank of River Thames in London. Fireworks are set off, and a group of people on a boat let go of colorful balloons. This Mat Whitecross-directed clip also features several Elvis Presley impersonators playing violins.
The song available for purchase on iTunes starting December 1 becomes Coldplay's first original holiday tune. This band previously recorded "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" for "Maybe This Christmas" compilation set in 2002.
Later this month, Coldplay who are currently finishing their new album will be performing in Liverpool and Newcastle on date 19 and 20 respectively. Proceeds from those upcoming shows will benefit Crisis charity, an initiative which provides support for the homeless.
Coldplay's "Christmas Lights" music video
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer