Video Premiere: Coldplay's 'Christmas Lights'
Coldplay have debuted a music video for their newly-released holiday song "Christmas Lights". This band perform the song on a small theater-inspired stage with red velvet curtains by the South Bank of River Thames in London. Fireworks are set off, and a group of people on a boat let go of colorful balloons. This Mat Whitecross-directed clip also features several Elvis Presley impersonators playing violins.
The song available for purchase on iTunes starting December 1 becomes Coldplay's first original holiday tune. This band previously recorded "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" for "Maybe This Christmas" compilation set in 2002.
Later this month, Coldplay who are currently finishing their new album will be performing in Liverpool and Newcastle on date 19 and 20 respectively. Proceeds from those upcoming shows will benefit Crisis charity, an initiative which provides support for the homeless.
More Coldplay News
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher