Video Premiere: Coldplay's 'Christmas Lights'
Coldplay have debuted a music video for their newly-released holiday song "Christmas Lights". This band perform the song on a small theater-inspired stage with red velvet curtains by the South Bank of River Thames in London. Fireworks are set off, and a group of people on a boat let go of colorful balloons. This Mat Whitecross-directed clip also features several Elvis Presley impersonators playing violins.
The song available for purchase on iTunes starting December 1 becomes Coldplay's first original holiday tune. This band previously recorded "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" for "Maybe This Christmas" compilation set in 2002.
Later this month, Coldplay who are currently finishing their new album will be performing in Liverpool and Newcastle on date 19 and 20 respectively. Proceeds from those upcoming shows will benefit Crisis charity, an initiative which provides support for the homeless.
Coldplay's "Christmas Lights" music video
More Coldplay News
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!
- Katy Perry's New Album in the Works, Tour to Follow in 2017
- Justin Bieber Launches Another Bizarre Rant
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards