Selena Gomez and Hayley Williams Are Presenters at Grammy Noms Concert
One day before the road to music's biggest night begins with Grammy nominations concert on December 1, presenters for the gig are announced. "Wizards of Waverly Place" actress Selena Gomez and Paramore's Hayley Williams are tapped for the duty alongside Stevie Wonder and Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl.
In addition, Train are added to the performers line-up. Joining the Pat Monahan-fronted band at the upcoming one-hour special are previously-announced musical guests Justin Bieber, B.o.B, Miranda Lambert, Bruno Mars and Katy Perry.
Dubbed "The GRAMMY Nominations Concert Live!! - Countdown To Music's Biggest Night", the gig is set to air live from Club Nokia in Los Angeles on December 1 on CBS at 10 P.M. EST/PST. Two-time Grammy winner LL Cool J will return to his last year's position as a host.
Live telecast of the awards show will take place at Staples Center in Los Angeles on Sunday, February 13, 2011 and will broadcast on CBS at 8 P.M. ET/PT. Although the nominees will not be revealed until the Wednesday concert, report suggested Nicki Minaj, Bruno Mars and Janelle Monae will not be listed as New Artist contenders.
Minaj and Mars reportedly are ineligible for the category because they didn't release their debut albums between October 1, 2009 - September 30, 2010, a Grammy eligible period of time. "The current eligibility requirements state that the artist must have released, as a featured performing artist, at least one album but not more than three," according to the rules.
As for Monae, she allegedly is not allowed for New Artist battle because she has released a mini album "Metropolis, Suite I: The Chase" and got one nomination at 2009 Grammys for one of its songs. According to a Recording Academy representative, anyone who previously got a nod for a "body of work" such as an EP or full LP, is not eligible in the new artist category.
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record