Selena Gomez and Hayley Williams Are Presenters at Grammy Noms Concert
One day before the road to music's biggest night begins with Grammy nominations concert on December 1, presenters for the gig are announced. "Wizards of Waverly Place" actress Selena Gomez and Paramore's Hayley Williams are tapped for the duty alongside Stevie Wonder and Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl.
In addition, Train are added to the performers line-up. Joining the Pat Monahan-fronted band at the upcoming one-hour special are previously-announced musical guests Justin Bieber, B.o.B, Miranda Lambert, Bruno Mars and Katy Perry.
Dubbed "The GRAMMY Nominations Concert Live!! - Countdown To Music's Biggest Night", the gig is set to air live from Club Nokia in Los Angeles on December 1 on CBS at 10 P.M. EST/PST. Two-time Grammy winner LL Cool J will return to his last year's position as a host.
Live telecast of the awards show will take place at Staples Center in Los Angeles on Sunday, February 13, 2011 and will broadcast on CBS at 8 P.M. ET/PT. Although the nominees will not be revealed until the Wednesday concert, report suggested Nicki Minaj, Bruno Mars and Janelle Monae will not be listed as New Artist contenders.
Minaj and Mars reportedly are ineligible for the category because they didn't release their debut albums between October 1, 2009 - September 30, 2010, a Grammy eligible period of time. "The current eligibility requirements state that the artist must have released, as a featured performing artist, at least one album but not more than three," according to the rules.
As for Monae, she allegedly is not allowed for New Artist battle because she has released a mini album "Metropolis, Suite I: The Chase" and got one nomination at 2009 Grammys for one of its songs. According to a Recording Academy representative, anyone who previously got a nod for a "body of work" such as an EP or full LP, is not eligible in the new artist category.
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending