Kirsten Dunst to Play Drug-Addicted Con-Artist in 'Hick'
Kirsten Dunst is set to team up with Chloe Moretz in "Hick", a movie adaptation of Andrea Portes' coming of age book with the same title. The former "Spider-Man" beauty is attached to portray Glenda, who is described as a cocaine-snorting grifter in the novel, Playlist reports based on info from Taylor Lane Productions owner and founder Christian Taylor.
The story itself will revolve around Moretz's character of a 13-year-old Nebraska girl named Luli who runs away to Las Vegas. Dunst's Glenda will take Luli off the road under her wings. The two cross paths with Eddie, who previously picked Luli up briefly before throwing her out of the car.
Colin Farrell was rumored to take the lead male role in "Hick", but he reportedly had to pass it due to a scheduling conflict since he is set to star in "Total Recall" remake, which has a 2011 spring start date. The road drama itself is scheduled to begin shooting in February 2011 in New Mexico while filmmakers are currently looking for the lead actor.
"Lymelife" filmmaker and Martin Scorsese protege Derick Martini is on board to direct "Hick", which is made under Taylor Lane Productions/Lighthouse Entertainment. With some "sensitive" scenes, Taylor tells Playlist that the upcoming drama comedy could be an awards vehicle for Moretz if all goes well.
Kirsten Dunst can soon be seen in "All Good Things" which will hit limited U.S. theaters on December 3.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding