'Hurricane' Mini Movie: 30 Seconds to Mars Share Their Wild Fantasy
A mini movie in support of 30 Seconds to Mars' single "Hurricane" has been premiered in full, featuring a lot of racy scenes. Divided into three chapters, birth, life and death, the short film features Jared Leto, Shannon Leto and Tomo Milicevic fighting off their inner demons and living up dark fantasies involving a lot of violence and secret fetishes.
Due to the explicit content, TV networks refused to air the mini movie directed by Bartholomew Cubbins (Jared) unless it's edited. "We always knew there would be some images that would have a tough time getting through," Jared told Entertainment Weekly. "But we didn't expect this kind of pushback that we're getting now."
Though so, the censored one still hasn't met some of the TV standards. "I had always planned on having an explicit version and then a version that was not so explicit," he further said. "The version that we were trying to get on broadcast is not the explicit version, and that's still having a really difficult time."
Despite creating controversy, Jared insisted he did not intend to make any. "I'm not interested in provocation for provocation's sake," he stated. "I just think it's interesting that when you turn on the news or whatever else catches your interest, how much violence and negativity is available out there. As soon as it comes time for sexuality, it's a big shock that people are sexual beings. It's an interesting double standard to me."
When quizzed whether he's willing to do further adjustment, he had this to say, "You know, at another time I would say, 'Absolutely not.' I would refuse 1,000 percent to change what I felt was important. But with this film, I'm not so sure I would cut off the nose to spite its face, so to speak...There are creative solutions to every problem."
And this three-piece band might turn to viral promotion if the problem with the TV broadcast could not be solved. Intrigued with the idea, Jared gushed, "That's a great opportunity, and we're going to take full advantage of that."
30 Seconds to Mars' "Hurricane" music video
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette
- Chrissy Teigen Is Blocked by Donald Trump After Posting This on Twitter
- Rick Ross Won't Sign Female Rapper to His Label as He Will 'End Up F**king' Her
- Amber Rose Reveals Kanye West Almost Caused Her to Commit Suicide After Their Breakup
- Full-Length Trailer for 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' Re-Release Unleashed