Back on Scene: Eva Longoria Develops Three TV Projects
Eva Longoria is back on the working saddle after her divorce announcement from Tony Parker. The "Desperate Housewives" star is producing three small-screen projects, joining forces with "Cold Case" star Kathryn Morris in one and going under her Unbelievable Entertainment in the other two.
Together with Morris, Longoria is developing a Texas border town soap titled "Sendera". According to Deadline, it is a "modern day Shakespearean drama about two wealthy families, one from Texas the other from Mexico, locked in a struggle for power, land, sex and legacy."
Sally Robinson who got an Emmy nomination for 2004 TV movie, "Iron Jawed Angels", is set to write the script. She is also to produce along with Morris, Alan Barnette, Virginia Trinkle and Longoria. The soap opera is in the works at ABC.
Meanwhile, ABC Studios is also working on "Parenting by Committee" with Unbelievable. It follows four single women "who find their lives completely changed when one discovers she is having a baby. The four proceed to raise the boy without a man via parenting by committee." The single-camera comedy comes from the writers of webseries "First Day", Alyssa Embree and Jessica Koosed.
The last project brewing under Unbelievable is a potential mini-series for Starz, executive produced by Alfonso Arau and Grant Turck. Called "Aztec", it's an 8-part mini-series based on the best-selling book by Gary Jennings. The drama, which script is written by "The Odyssey" scribe Nicholas Meyer, is set in Tenochtitlan during its empirical height just prior to its fall to Spanish invaders.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked