Susan Boyle to Star in Her Own Musical Show
Susan Boyle's journey to land fame will be turned into a stage musical. According to The Sun, plans to make the show are in final stages with Boyle herself on board to take the lead role. "I'm definitely going to be on stage. I'd rather that than having to sit watching people up there looking like me," she states.
"I want to be doing the music parts, so I'll be coming in and out of the show," Boyle additionally says about the musical which is expected to go on a U.K. nationwide tour in 2011. "I'm looking forward to doing some live work. It'll be really nice to see so many of the people who have supported me in person."
While Boyle signs up for the key role, there has been no word on whether or not her musical mates, such as Elaine Paige, will join the project as well. Her performance for the Pope, which she had dreamed of before, will also be featured in the show.
The show, meanwhile, will look back at Boyle's life with her cat in Blackburn for years until she becomes singing sensation after performing on "Britain's Got Talent". How her studio album has been successfully sold around the world is another highlight of the musical.
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd