NFL Star Will Smith Arrested for Allegedly Dragging Wife by Hair
Will Smith, not the actor, was arrested on Saturday, November 27 in Lafayette, Louisiana for domestic violence. Known as the New Orleans Saints defensive end, Smith reportedly got into a physical argument with his wife just a couple of days after his team beat the Dallas Cowboys 30-27 during Thanksgiving game.
Reports which have circulated say the NFL star dragged Racquel Smith down the street by her hair. That night, the couple left a nightclub at around 2 A.M. and soon exchanged heated argument before he allegedly pulled her hair in the sight of local police officers patrolling the streets.
The officers quickly took an intervention and arrested him on the spot with charges on domestic abuse and simple battery. He posted a $1,000 bail bond and is due to appear in court on Monday, November 29.
"We are aware. We have spoken with Will. Our security staff is looking into the matter. No other comment. We will let the legal process take its course," Saints spokesman said in a statement.
The Smiths were married in June 2008 and have three children together.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media