NFL Star Will Smith Arrested for Allegedly Dragging Wife by Hair
Will Smith, not the actor, was arrested on Saturday, November 27 in Lafayette, Louisiana for domestic violence. Known as the New Orleans Saints defensive end, Smith reportedly got into a physical argument with his wife just a couple of days after his team beat the Dallas Cowboys 30-27 during Thanksgiving game.
Reports which have circulated say the NFL star dragged Racquel Smith down the street by her hair. That night, the couple left a nightclub at around 2 A.M. and soon exchanged heated argument before he allegedly pulled her hair in the sight of local police officers patrolling the streets.
The officers quickly took an intervention and arrested him on the spot with charges on domestic abuse and simple battery. He posted a $1,000 bail bond and is due to appear in court on Monday, November 29.
"We are aware. We have spoken with Will. Our security staff is looking into the matter. No other comment. We will let the legal process take its course," Saints spokesman said in a statement.
The Smiths were married in June 2008 and have three children together.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign