Justin Timberlake Reportedly Starts Oscar Campaign
After getting success in musical career with boyband NSYNC, Justin Timberlake also wants to be recognized in acting. The singer who has spread his wings in Hollywood movie industry in the past few years reportedly eyes a Best Supporting Actor nomination at the 83rd Annual Academy Awards for his role in critically acclaimed "The Social Network".
And in an effort to land the nod, Timberlake is said starting his own campaign and seeking advice from former Oscar winners Tom Hanks and Kevin Spacey. "Sony is footing the bill for advertising the awards campaign, but Justin is also doing things his own way, including attending Academy screenings on his own and privately reaching out to award winners and Academy darlings Tom Hanks and Kevin Spacey for campaigning advice," a source close to him tells New York Post.
"He's hell-bent on getting a nomination this year even though he has tough competition from his co-star Andrew Garfield," the source adds. While representatives for the 29-year-old singer/actor refuse to comment, another source affirms the news, saying "He's doing everything to support 'Social Network'."
To get Best Supporting Actor nom, Timberlake will not only face Garfield but also Geoffrey Rush ("The King's Speech") and Christian Bale ("The Fighter").
Timberlake portrays Napster founder Sean Parker in "The Social Network" which is directed by "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" helmer David Fincher. He is currently shooting "Now" with Amanda Seyfried.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal