Justin Timberlake Reportedly Starts Oscar Campaign
After getting success in musical career with boyband NSYNC, Justin Timberlake also wants to be recognized in acting. The singer who has spread his wings in Hollywood movie industry in the past few years reportedly eyes a Best Supporting Actor nomination at the 83rd Annual Academy Awards for his role in critically acclaimed "The Social Network".
And in an effort to land the nod, Timberlake is said starting his own campaign and seeking advice from former Oscar winners Tom Hanks and Kevin Spacey. "Sony is footing the bill for advertising the awards campaign, but Justin is also doing things his own way, including attending Academy screenings on his own and privately reaching out to award winners and Academy darlings Tom Hanks and Kevin Spacey for campaigning advice," a source close to him tells New York Post.
"He's hell-bent on getting a nomination this year even though he has tough competition from his co-star Andrew Garfield," the source adds. While representatives for the 29-year-old singer/actor refuse to comment, another source affirms the news, saying "He's doing everything to support 'Social Network'."
To get Best Supporting Actor nom, Timberlake will not only face Garfield but also Geoffrey Rush ("The King's Speech") and Christian Bale ("The Fighter").
Timberlake portrays Napster founder Sean Parker in "The Social Network" which is directed by "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" helmer David Fincher. He is currently shooting "Now" with Amanda Seyfried.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake